Ruslana's music in a 2011 American movie !!!

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Latest News / Ruslana's music in a 2011 American movie !!!
AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 19 Oct 2011 16:13 - Edited by: AlexandruRomania

Hello,

According to the Internet Movie Database (IMDb, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1566553/), Ruslana's music was used as a soundtrack for a 2011 American movie called How I Became an Elephant.

Ruslana's song Smak legendy is part of the soundtrack : http://www.howibecameanelephant.com/film-credits/

You can watch the official trailer here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BeBwe7yTw7o

Plot : One girl's journey to inspire a movement. Juliette is fourteen years old and she is on a mission to save elephants. After single-handedly raising funds Juliette embarks on a life-altering journey to South East Asia to meet and work with her hero The Elephant Lady. This is the story of two women, one from the East, one from the West, coming together on common ground, saving elephants. It's the coming of age of a passionate emerging woman joining forces with the wise eastern animal advocate on an enlightening journey of compassion, action, and hope that is sure to motivate audiences young and old. The message: no matter what your age, your ethnicity, or disposition, no matter what the cause, you can make a difference.

The movie is still unreleased!

cora
# Posted: 22 Oct 2011 21:00

AlexandruRomania
Interesting, thanks for the information.

Esther
# Posted: 23 Oct 2011 08:31

Cool that they used her song!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 23 Oct 2011 10:03

AmErIcAn movie, using her oLd UkRaInIaN song ... she should think it over once again what exactly style will be more appreciated worldwide.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 23 Oct 2011 12:27

nikoleta_rangelova

AmErIcAn movie, using her oLd UkRaInIaN song ... she should think it over once again what exactly style will be more appreciated worldwide.

I don't think that it was Ruslana who decided which song it will be used for the movie. It was the Americans' decision to use Smak legendy.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 23 Oct 2011 12:45 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

AlexandruRomania
I don't think that it was Ruslana who decided which song it will be used for the movie. It was the Americans' decision to use Smak legendy.

Translation: Exactly because it was Americans' decision to use Smak Legendy, it means even Americans prefer her Ukrainian songs, i.e. she'd better stop making crap like "Wow" or "Moon of Dreams" and stick to what she does best.

; )

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 23 Oct 2011 13:33

nikoleta_rangelova

Translation: Exactly because it was Americans' decision to use Smak Legendy, it means even Americans prefer her Ukrainian songs, i.e. she'd better stop making crap like "Wow" or "Moon of Dreams" and stick to what she does best.

Why would they choose a song like "Wow" or "Moon of Dreams" in a documentary movie about saving elephants? They decided to use Smak legendy because it is a very beautiful song and fits to the idea of their project.

cora
# Posted: 23 Oct 2011 14:42

nikoleta_rangelova

I agree with Alexandru. I don't think that the decision to use Smak Lehendy has anything to do with American or Urainian style. Smak Lehendy is a song that transmits a wonderful atmosphere which is probably suitable for the movie, while Wow, WD or other songs would have not been suitable.

I wonder how they came across this song. I can imagine that there are soundtrack databases available with hundred thousands of songs sorted by different categories and characteristics. So the song was chosen because of its characteristic suitable for this particular movie. It's pure coincidence that it's Ruslana and Ukrainian.

Christiane
# Posted: 23 Oct 2011 19:58

Hey Hey.......Christiane is back

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 23 Oct 2011 20:14

AlexandruRomania
cora

Why would they choose a song like "Wow" or "Moon of Dreams" in a documentary movie
Smak Lehendy is a song that transmits a wonderful atmosphere which is probably suitable for the movie
Why would they choose a song like "Wow" or "Moon of Dreams" in a documentary movie

Aha, "Wow" and "MoD" would hardly suit anything proper..

So the song was chosen because of its characteristic suitable for this particular movie. It's pure coincidence that it's Ruslana and Ukrainian.

May be as elephants are "exotic", they needed sth "exotic" and as Ruslana was often called "exotic", they decided to find sth by her... and found this very melody suitable... may be they didn't even know the language to be understood by majority of the people, thus adding to its "exoticness" :D:D:D

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 23 Oct 2011 23:05

Christiane

Hey Hey.......Christiane is back

Welcome back!

Christiane
# Posted: 23 Oct 2011 23:44

AlexandruRomania
Welcome back!

Thanks It´s been quite a long time since I´ve been in this forum, so it´s good to be back again

Guido
# Posted: 24 Oct 2011 01:58

Why would they choose a song like "Wow" or "Moon of Dreams" in a documentary movie about saving elephants?
If it were a Belgian movie, I would say : They have chosen Ruslana because in Belgium she is even more rare then elephants.
Someone interested in making a movie about saving Ruslana fans in Western Europe ?

cora
# Posted: 24 Oct 2011 14:31

Christiane
HEEEEYYY, great to see you again!
How are you?

Christiane
# Posted: 24 Oct 2011 22:09

cora

I´m fine thanks......how are you? I´ve noticed, that I´ve missed Ruslana and the forum, so I had a look at her website, what´s new and discovered two new singles and also a new album, which is coming up, if I got that right.......well, not bad

cora
# Posted: 25 Oct 2011 19:32 - Edited by: cora

Christiane
I´m fine thanks......how are you? I´ve noticed, that I´ve missed Ruslana and the forum, so I had a look at her website, what´s new and discovered two new singles and also a new album, which is coming up, if I got that right.......well, not bad

Let's move to the chat topic.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on web forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site