NEW SINGLE* Miy brat (3)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Latest News / NEW SINGLE* Miy brat
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
cora
# Posted: 12 Sep 2012 22:38

My interpretation:

I don't think that she wants to look like a teenager. I think it's a parody – like the WOW video. Just look at the beer cans in her hair. I really had to laugh. So funny. And the way she poses in front of the mirror like the queen in Snow White. Very ironic.

There is a consistency in the video clips of WOW, Sha-la-la and Miy Brat. They all dance battles. In WOW and Miy Brat we've got boys against girls. The girl with the bright green shirt has got a similar role as the supremo guy with the pole in WOW.

I liked the song very much before, but the video even enhances the song. Perfect! It's the same feeling I had with the WOW video. It's a great song, but together with the video it's even better.

I wonder how long it took her to read the intro text in that speed. LOL. Can anyone summarize it for me, please. I understand only some parts of it.

Christiane
# Posted: 12 Sep 2012 22:57

nikoleta_rangelova
don't wanna think what her videos will look like when she's 50 ; )

Just imagine a youngster at the age of 50

cora
Just look at the beer cans in her hair.

I didn't even notice them, when I´ve been watching the videoclip for the first time

cora
# Posted: 12 Sep 2012 23:06

cora
Can anyone summarize it for me, please. I understand only some parts of it.

I'll answer it myself

Online translation:

Dear neighbours! On our street, where I have the honor to live together with you, pre-arranged surveys of musical video on my new song. About 200 young people will participate in surveys. They will be dancing flashmob and mass game, that you will not be troubled in any way, except for vowel music and complicated movement on a travelling area.
We tried maximally not to bring discomfort to you.
Your neighbour Ruslana

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 12 Sep 2012 23:27

Don't know them

That's the western world for you!

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 12 Sep 2012 23:44

UkFanOfRuslana

That's the western world for you!

LOL! Cora is from Germany.

cora

I'll answer it myself

Thanks!

Also thank you for the review. The only part that I don't like about the video is the intro, so everytime I watch it I skip tp 0:45. It's great from there and on.

wespecz
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 03:19

The videoclip reminds me the very first times when I discovered the magic of music, before I got to know Ruslana - Gwen Stefani's Sweet Escape style which I also liked very much. Awesome, go, Ruslana!

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 11:35

LOL! Cora is from Germany.

Lol don't worry I knew that. I was kind of thinking more UK/USA ;)

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 15:35

UkFanOfRuslana

I was kind of thinking more UK/USA ;

Ah, ok.

Karolina
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 16:13

Well, video is not that bad (though for me there is too much of everything), but definitely not for this song. You see there a lot of colors, action, energy and you wanna hear the same, some energetic, fast song. Well maybe this song, but melody of it could be way more energetic and faster, then the whole video will look way more better I guess.

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 19:18

What is the story behind the song? I can't read ukrainian and I don't actually know what is happening in the video except for a big tug of war! I certainly like the colours in the video but I prefer ruslana's old look and clothes personally.

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 19:24

Ah, ok.

You're from romania so have you heard of nicki minaj and carly rae jepsen?

As this is what I'm saying - if you're from UK/USA you are more likely going to have heard of american artists, typically *rolls eyes.*

And here is me, who looks for better music out there which isn't all american rap and ruslana is what i get :p :D She's like my life's best discovery

All the UK play on the radio are like 95% british and american artists:( I go mad when a romanian track scrapes into the top 40 aha!

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 19:26

^ as romanian artists are as foreign as we get into our charts unfortunately - inna, alexandra stan ...

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 19:31 - Edited by: AlexandruRomania

UkFanOfRuslana

so have you heard of nicki minaj and carly rae jepsen?

Yes, I know them but not from TV but from youtube. Very few people here know them.

as romanian artists are as foreign as we get into our charts unfortunately - inna, alexandra stan ...

Alexandra Stan has 156 million views on youtube with her biggest heat "Mr. Saxobeat" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAhHNCfA7NI. You forgot to add Edward Maya to that list. His biggest hit has 180,5 million views on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Z3YrHJ1sU

Romanian music is doing great in the European charts and even in the USA so I'm very happy.

Oh, and don't forget about Inna. Her song "Hot" has 62 million views on youtube and it was number 1 in the USA!

flipsty
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 20:39

So, I wonder why everyone is dressed like it's the 80's?

cora
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 20:42

UkFanOfRuslana
In her new video, she looks like a cross between nicki minaj and carly rae jepson.

I had a look on YouTube. Okay, I now what you mean Carly Rae Jepson I know. "Call Me Maybe" was a big hit in Germany. I just wasn't so familiar with her name. I havn't come across Nicki Minaj, though. It's not my kind of music. Her look is indeed very Miy Brat-like.

if you're from UK/USA you are more likely going to have heard of american artists

Also in Germany mainly UK/American music is played on the radio.

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 22:33

Yes, I know them but not from TV but from youtube. Very few people here know them.

as romanian artists are as foreign as we get into our charts unfortunately - inna, alexandra stan ...

Alexandra Stan has 156 million views on youtube with her biggest heat "Mr. Saxobeat" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAhHNCfA7NI. You forgot to add Edward Maya to that list. His biggest hit has 180,5 million views on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Z3YrHJ1sU

Romanian music is doing great in the European charts and even in the USA so I'm very happy.

Oh, and don't forget about Inna. Her song "Hot" has 62 million views on youtube and it was number 1 in the USA!

I worded my last post badly lol. Only inna and alexandra stan have really been in the UK top 40 in the past 5 years or so. All the artists you have mentioned though are very successful based on their you-tube hits. I would like foreign music to be more popular in the UK.

So Alexandru, you are romanian but can you read my post? Or do you translate english?

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 22:34

Her look is indeed very Miy Brat-like.

The fringe. Definitely!

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 22:35

So, I wonder why everyone is dressed like it's the 80's?

Like colourful, retro and disco like in the video?

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 22:36

Also in Germany mainly UK/American music is played on the radio.

Bet it isn't as much as 95% of the time in Germany!

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 22:42

UkFanOfRuslana

So Alexandru, you are romanian but can you read my post? Or do you translate english?

I'm using google translate

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 22:42

I can't believe I didn't notice the cans in her hair!

http://www.ruslana.ua/gal/09_08_12/foto/aa015.jpg

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 22:46

I'm using google translate

Thought so. Best translator on the internet! I will make sure I word my posts better now for you! LOL

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 22:50 - Edited by: AlexandruRomania

UkFanOfRuslana

Thought so. Best translator on the internet! I will make sure I word my posts better now for you! LOL

Are you really from the UK?

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 23:12

Are you really from the UK?

Unfortunately yes. Lol! What makes you say that? :p

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 23:17

UkFanOfRuslana

Unfortunately yes. Lol! What makes you say that? :p

Curiosity

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 23:27

Curiosity

Erm, no lol. I must have said something! :p

In my "second life", I would like to be born in Romania or Ukraine :D Where I live is so boring and depressing!

cora
# Posted: 14 Sep 2012 18:42

UkFanOfRuslana
Bet it isn't as much as 95% of the time in Germany!

I would estimate 60-70%.

I can't believe I didn't notice the cans in her hair!

LOL! And what are these funny finger things? Well, this video is all parody and self-ironic.

UkFanOfRuslana
# Posted: 14 Sep 2012 23:30

I would estimate 60-70%

I could live with that

LOL! And what are these funny finger things?

Like glow in the dark nails!

cora
# Posted: 15 Sep 2012 11:12 - Edited by: cora

There is a new English text on the homepage blog:

The Brotherhood of Men and the Sister Skinhead Ruslana!!!

In the new music video 'My Brother!' (Μ³ι Απΰς!) from Ruslana's 2012 album 'Euphoria!' (ΕΙ-τξπ³-ί!) featuring a mass game and a good dose of punk!

"Sister" Ruslana shaved her temples and organized a large-scale fraternization in her new music video as she once again asserted her reputation of the flamboyant animator of crowds performing mass shows and games.

Ruslana's new catchword: Sister + Brother = Mass Fraternization!

Ruslana got her inspiration from the popular slogan 'All Men Are Brothers' transforming it into 'My Brother, We Are Together!' in the Ukrainian version of the song - or simply 'We Are Together!' in the English version.

Ruslana reveals a variety of colorful, unorthodox character transformations throughout the video and demonstrates her signature breathtaking bravery in experimenting with her look - all the way to weaving empty juice cans into a punk mo-hawk on her head.

In the video, Ruslana shows a portion of her mass game as she looks to stimulate 'mass creativity' as she calls it.

Everybody is invited! Ruslana calls on her audience to learn a small piece of the song - the tune 'oh-oh-oh' together with the move that goes with it - and repeat both in unison with others around.

As far as its style and melody go, the song was created as a crowd dance with ethnic elements and tunes.

The music video features 4 teams from Kharkiv, Odessa, Zaporizhya and Kirovohrad, a total of about 200 people. Their participation in the video was an award of sorts for taking part in Ruslana's Ukrainian tour last spring (April-May 2012). During the tour, teams in 11 Ukrainian cities competed to demonstrate the loudest and the most dynamic and energetic mass show.

While the loudest 'My Brother!' performances during the tour came from Lviv, Chernivtsi, Yalta and Kyiv - 98 decibels each - Ruslana invited the most energetic teams, from Kharkiv, Odessa, Zaporizhya and Kirovohrad, to participate in the video.
Reason? She believed that the true power of the mass show is determined by how enthusiastic and energetic the crowd is, and not so much by how loud it can be.

P.S.
The music video was filmed in front of Ruslana's private house in a quiet little town near Kyiv. To prevent misunderstanding, ahead of the shooting Ruslana's team distributed flyers to all the neighbors explaining the temporary loud inconveniences:

"Dear neighbors!
The street where I have the honor to live alongside you will be used to shoot a music video for my new song.... About 200 young people will participate in the shooting.... We will organize dance flash mobs and mass games that should not inconvenience you too much, except being a source of loud music and except some challenges in crossing the street.... We will do our best to avoid causing you any discomfort.
Your neighbor,
Ruslana"

Guido
# Posted: 15 Sep 2012 22:42

There is a new
Thank you (super) Cora :-)
Why is she not living in my street ?

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on web forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site