- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Latest News / /In prison
Alex__Angel
# Posted: 29 Nov 2012 10:25

... , , ... .

? ? ?

////

Cells ... they can not be touched, can not be seen - they are immaterial, ... but still we are in limbo

How do you know? Who are they? How to get out of prison?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Nov 2012 10:59

From what I vaguely saw online, it's something political.

But if I didn't know that, I'd take the new video as some modern version of the Wild Dances message.. *wishful thinking* :D

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 29 Nov 2012 11:38 - Edited by: Alex__Angel

nikoleta_rangelova

From what I vaguely saw online, it's something political.

And so will think many Ukrainians looking clip ... but the policy there is very little ... the meaning is much deeper ...

epigraph to the clip

This story is about people who are not afraid to be free ...
Scary when you keep in prison ....
But even worse, when you yourself hold yourself in it ...
Deprived of his liberty, you can break the taboos, prison break ... Freeze to flare up...

cora
# Posted: 29 Nov 2012 20:09

Alex__Angel
I had already opened a topic about Euphoria and the video clip.

but the policy there is very little ... the meaning is much deeper ...

Very interesting. My first association watching the teaser was a political message: speak up for those in prison who are not supposed to be there, e.g. Yuliya Timochenko, Pussy Riot.

nikoleta_rangelova
But if I didn't know that, I'd take the new video as some modern version of the Wild Dances message.. *wishful thinking* :D

It reminds me more of the DWTW video.

Guido
# Posted: 29 Nov 2012 20:49

My first association watching the teaser was a political message:
I had the same idea

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 29 Nov 2012 21:39

cora
I had already opened a topic about Euphoria and the video clip.

I've seen =)

But this is not a discussion of the video ... it's a discussion of what is said in the annotation of the clip ...

Yes, there was also a huge cage and press and annotations was this "every life has its own press. And no one likes it when someone or something on it crushes. Break his own force of will - it is what we call. '"

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Nov 2012 22:13

cora

Well, yeah, may be. I meant the WD album/period as a whole with its "Be wild, be free" slogans.

cora
# Posted: 29 Nov 2012 22:26

Alex__Angel
But this is not a discussion of the video ... it's a discussion of what is said in the annotation of the clip ...

I think that's the same. Never mind

nikoleta_rangelova
I meant the WD album/period as a whole with its "Be wild, be free" slogans.

Yes, maybe.

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 29 Nov 2012 22:56 - Edited by: Alex__Angel

cora

I think that's the same. Never mind

timlevhappyboy
# Posted: 30 Nov 2012 00:16

, , , .

cora
# Posted: 7 Dec 2012 19:32

In this video Ruslana's " !" campaign is explained in English subtitles.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 7 Dec 2012 19:51

cora

Yes, I watched it already.

I was very surprised to find this while doing my Ruslana search on google : http://blogs.menmedia.co.uk/eurovision/2012/12/eurovision-winner-ruslana-challenges-u krainian-people-to-challenge-human-rights-abuses/

cora
# Posted: 7 Dec 2012 20:12

AlexandruRomania
I was very surprised to find this while doing my Ruslana search on google :

Wow! Excellent article!

cora
# Posted: 13 Dec 2012 19:35

Alex__Angel
Why do you think does it say at the beginning of the video? I thought Ruslana is critcising the CURRENT situation in Ukraine, not the one in "distant future". Would be interesting to hear your opinion.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 14 Dec 2012 22:15

cora

I think that it says because Ruslana wanted to underline the fact that the future of Ukraine will look like that (people in jail and also if you noticed the apocalyptic images at the very end of the clip).

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 15 Dec 2012 09:57

And I think it just represents Ukraine's present, but with "Distant Future" she could avoid any political accusations now.

cora
# Posted: 15 Dec 2012 11:02 - Edited by: cora

AlexandruRomania
Ruslana wanted to underline the fact that the future of Ukraine will look like that

In every interview she says that Ukraine is a prison NOW. So I wondered why the video is about the distant future.

nikoleta_rangelova
And I think it just represents Ukraine's present, but with "Distant Future" she could avoid any political accusations now.

Yes, that was also my assumption. On the other hand with the campaign 'Don't keep silent' she is clearly opposing the government and the juridical system. It's not only the video. So the line in the video won't save her, if the establishment decides to silence her.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 15 Dec 2012 14:36 - Edited by: AlexandruRomania

I have a dilemma. I don't know if you noticed but some of the clothes that Ruslana is wearing in her last videoclips are available in some shops. Today I went to the shopping mall in Bucharest to buy some presents for Christmas and I noticed at BERSHKA a shirt very similar to the one that Ruslana is wearing in the Euphoria videoclip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TrjUU8pT9k - skip to 3:16). I wanted to buy it but it really looks like I should wear it only in prison. (it has a lot of holes in it). I'll have to decide if I want to buy it as this Monday I'm going back for more shopping. It's not very expensive. It costs 31.29 euro.

I also noticed a jacket like the one that Ruslana is wearing in the Davaj hraj videoclip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG81zG4o3Yc - skip at 3:00) at Zara. I wanted to buy it but it was way too expensive. I won't spend 268,17 euro on a jacket.

cora
# Posted: 15 Dec 2012 15:15

AlexandruRomania
I'll have to decide if I want to buy it as this Monday I'm going back for more shopping.

I think this ragged clothes style suits Ruslana very well and it looks great in the video, on stage or in TV show, but I don't think that I would wear it in normal life. If you wear such a shirt, you need matching trousers, jacket etc..

I also noticed a jacket like the one that Ruslana is wearing in the Davaj hraj videoclip

Wow! That's one my all-time favourites of Ruslana's costumes! Interesting that they've got such a jacket at Zara. I have to have a look at our Zara store But I wouldn't spend 268 euros either.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 15 Dec 2012 16:05 - Edited by: AlexandruRomania

cora

but I don't think that I would wear it in normal life. If you wear such a shirt, you need matching trousers, jacket etc..

That's why I didn't bought it today but maybe I will, just to have it.

Wow! That's one my all-time favourites of Ruslana's costumes!

Interesting that they've got such a jacket at Zara.

Yeah. You should check it because it might be cheaper in Germany. I know that the Zara clothes from Spain are so much cheaper than those from Romania. Maybe it's because the brand Zara is regarded as a top one in Romania but it's not the same in Spain and France. I'm not sure what's the situation in Germany.

AlexandruRomania
# Posted: 15 Dec 2012 17:18

cora

Voila :

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/ro/en/zara-W2012/269184/825011/ LEATHER%20BIKER%20JACKET%20WITH%20ZIPS

The version for guys that I saw it's very similar.

cora
# Posted: 15 Dec 2012 18:07

I have moved our discussion to a more appropriate topic:
Ruslana's costumes.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 3; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 44 [11 Mar 2019 00:46]

These forums are running on bulletin board script miniBB™ © 2001-2019 admin | Ruslana. Official site