Idependence Day on HOVERLA (1)

- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics - Rules - FAQ -

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Ukraine / Idependence Day on HOVERLA
. 1 . 2 . >>
cora
# Posted: 27 Aug 2008 17:15 - Edited by: cora

Last Sunday, on Idependence day, Etos (Jenia), RuslanaTube, Lilja and I went up on Hoverla, the highest mountain of Ukraine (2061 m).

Lilya has to turn back half way, because she wasn't prepared for cold and rainy weather further up.

We walked directly into a big rain cloud hanging on the summit of Hoverla.

Reached the summit! Yiipeehh!

Too much wind.

Down again.

It would have been a really WILD experience on any day, but it was particularly fun on Idependence Day

Iva Barzic

# Posted: 27 Aug 2008 17:15 - Edited by: Iva Barzic

cora
cool...was it hard to walk?
pics are beautiful

wespecz
# Posted: 27 Aug 2008 17:19 - Edited by: wespecz

cora
Great to hearing from you! Wonderful trip you had!

Ruslana ... the best ... in Ukrainian flag ... great idea!

Wild Carpatian mountains! Is windy there? I see that you had great time! I like especially the photos from the peak.

It would have been a really WILD experience on any day, but it was particularly fun on Idependence Day

Indeed! Was a lot of people celebrating this day in such a way in the peak?

How did you enjoy your wild trip?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 27 Aug 2008 17:22 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova

cora
welcome baaaaack!!

this has been another wild trip as I see

because she wasn't prepared for cold and rainy weather further up.
haha the mountain weather soon showed itself

woow, people look so tiny compared to this massive mountain!

hop hop wild Cora to the top

Too much wind.
did you sing Wind Song?

thanks! beautiful and wild photos!

Alex__Angel
# Posted: 27 Aug 2008 17:42

cora

WiLd_ChRIs
# Posted: 27 Aug 2008 17:45

cora
wo nice pictuers and wild weather ... oh ... an amazing flag

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 27 Aug 2008 18:01

cora
I forgot, you said on the independence day, so were you at the concert?

cora
# Posted: 27 Aug 2008 18:23

Iva Barzic
cool...was it hard to walk?

It is very steep, but okay to walk. We needed 5 hours 15 mintues up and down including a picknick and several photo sessiosn with the flag.

wespecz
Is windy there?

Oh yes!

Was a lot of people celebrating this day in such a way in the peak?

Yes, there were masses of people walking up. I am not sure, if everyone made it to the top. Many seem to have misjudged the weather conditions up there. People were in their normal street clothes and footwear, not suitable for mountian hiking in rainy weather.

How did you enjoy your wild trip?

Very much. Another enjoyable adventure was going swimming in a wild river.

nikoleta_rangelova
hop hop wild Cora to the top

LOL!

I forgot, you said on the independence day, so were you at the concert?

Unfortunately I couldn't be on Hoverla and in Kyiv at the same time. I decided to stay in the Carpathians, because it would have been a lot of hazzle to go to Kyiv. I wait for a better opportunity for a concert.

wespecz
# Posted: 27 Aug 2008 18:29

cora
People were in their normal street clothes and footwear, not suitable for mountian hiking in rainy weather.
Wild people from the mountains! Yes I can immagine. I experienced the same in our mountains but they're much smaller.

Very much. Another enjoyable adventure was going swimming in a wild river.
Oooh it must be cold! Fire or ice was ice this time I guess wow! It must be really wild experience.

Ria
# Posted: 28 Aug 2008 08:13

cora
WOW! Hoverla...

Iva Barzic

# Posted: 28 Aug 2008 08:59

cora
We needed 5 hours 15 mintues up and down including a picknick and several photo sessiosn with the flag.
...no comment...even it's 5 hours i'd do that too hihi

Spacytoon
# Posted: 28 Aug 2008 13:47

cora
hai!!! nice to see you here again!!!
thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience!!..
though it s clear the weather was cold and windy it didnt stop you,the wilds well done

cora
# Posted: 28 Aug 2008 18:25 - Edited by: cora

wespecz
Oooh it must be cold!

Not really. The air was very warm, so it was a pleasure to dip into the cool river. We used the rapids as a natural jacuzzi whirlpool. Great fun!

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 28 Aug 2008 18:44

cora
did you climb the mountain with some guide? or were there some path for tourists? there seems to be some area like a path with stones, scattered over it? on the 3rd and pre=last photo

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 28 Aug 2008 18:47

cora

I would have join you with pleasure, but Peak Hoverla and the Maramuresh Carpathians don't belong anymore to Romania.

wespecz
# Posted: 28 Aug 2008 19:08 - Edited by: wespecz

cora
Not really. The air was very warm and the bidy heated up, so it was a pleasure to dip into the cool river. We used the rapids as a natural jacuzzi whirlpool. Great fun!

You were really wild here! I'm curious to the similar thing as Nikoleta. How does marks for tourists looks? Are they also similar to ours (red, green, yellow and blue small signs in the trees in the white belts, every 50 - 200 metres of the paths), green means usually light way, red the worst - going to the mountains, hills etc.).

hop

huiwes
# Posted: 28 Aug 2008 21:21

Great photo's and it sounds like a great experience. I wondered if all you have Ukrainian roots in one way or another ?

Guido
# Posted: 28 Aug 2008 22:40

I wondered if all you have Ukrainian roots in one way or another ?
Most of us only since 2004 :-)
But I have a book her : De Oekraine - het land en zijn bevolking - 1939 Amsterdam - Van Holkema & Warendorf NV and there is a chapter : Nederlandsche invloeden in de Oekraine. (dutch influences in Ukraine).
So we will never be sure we don't have far relatives there. Kutsma sounds very dutch (fries ?) to me :-)

Nice pictures Cora. Indeed a very nice day to climb Hoverla.
And me asking myself where everyone is

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Aug 2008 05:38

Guido

wespecz
# Posted: 29 Aug 2008 09:27

LOL I remember what Wild Yennifer told me once - something like "welcome, compatriot"

huiwes
# Posted: 29 Aug 2008 09:38

Hey Guido,
Mmmmm I would say Gronings and the Kutsmaeee. Maybe Kutsma's greatgreatgreatgrandparents were Groningse potatofarmers who came to Odessa by boat and your right your aren't sure although there are more clues that my ancestors came from Belgium ha, ha.. And eee my Ukranian roots started in februari 2008.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 29 Aug 2008 17:34 - Edited by: AlexandruRo

The Ukrainians removed the Romanian flag and the Romanian statue from the peak Hoverla?

I can't believe this! They could construct that Ukrainian symbol near it. Not destorying the Romanian one.

After the USSR stolen that teritory from Romania, now they destory everything Romanian

cora
# Posted: 29 Aug 2008 17:39

nikoleta_rangelova
did you climb the mountain with some guide? or were there some path for tourists?

On that particular day you just had to follow the long queue of people. You don't really see it on the pictures, but on the way up there were really many people. I think that many didn't make to the top because of the weather and their unsuitable clothes. That's why on the way down there were not many people left.

But even without other people you could easily see the path. It was also marked. Etos said that Hoverla is the only clearly marked mountain in the Carpathians. Other mountains are a bit more difficult to climb.

wespecz
How does marks for tourists looks?

Like on your picture: white and red bars on trees and stones.

huiwes

My Ukrainian roots started only on 15th May 2004

nikoleta_rangelova
# Posted: 29 Aug 2008 17:39

AlexandruRo
The Ukrainians removed the Romanian flag and the Romanian statue from the peak Hoverla?

do you know where exactly it was? May be it's behind the person who took the photos

wespecz
# Posted: 29 Aug 2008 18:29

cora
Etos said that Hoverla is the only clearly marked mountain in the Carpathians. Other mountains are a bit more difficult to climb.

What a chance that it's also the highest. It would be not good if the highest mountain could be available only for climbers. I remember what are Carpatians in photos - usually wonderful meadows called "polonina" - at least Ukrainian meadows are called like this in CZ.

Like on your picture: white and red bars on trees and stones.
Thanks so it's common. I'm pleased that all the countries has got quality signs for tourists.

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 29 Aug 2008 18:32

nikoleta_rangelova

It was in the exact place where the Ukrainian symbol is now. My grandmother took a photo there in the year 1935.

wespecz
# Posted: 29 Aug 2008 18:33

AlexandruRo
It was in the exact place where the Ukrainian symbol is now. My grandmother took a photo there in the year 1935.
Oh so very long time ago. Times has changed.

Guido
# Posted: 29 Aug 2008 21:58

Isn't Ruslanatube on one of the pics ? Very mysterious person. Some people think he/she's british. But I don't know.
I only know he/she likes Ruslana as much as we do :-)

Ruthen
# Posted: 30 Aug 2008 05:05

cora
Wow! What a nice trip to Hoverla summit! Hope you've enjoyed your time very much Btw, where did you climb it from, I mean from which village did you start the walk?

AlexandruRo
Sorry Alex, Hoverla was never in Romania.. It's Northern Maramuresh, It was first on Polish-Czechoslovak border, then it became Polish-Hungarian, then Ruthenia (Zakarpattya)-Ivanofrankivsk oblast border. The parts of today's Ukraine that were Romanian are Tchernivtsi oblast and south part of Odesa oblast.. So you maybe confused with some other mountain, like Southern Pip Ivan (not the one with observatory) or some other mountain...

AlexandruRo
# Posted: 30 Aug 2008 07:56

Ruthen

Maybe you're right. But my grandmother when she talks about the peak where she took the photo calls it "Hovârla".

----

Ruthen. URGENT! Come on MSN. You have to know something!

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.

- Forums -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 May 2020 02:21]

These forums are running on light forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site