WHY Is the Forum Dying? (1)

- Home - Registrierung - Antwort - Suchen - Statistik - Regeln - FAQ

- ”крањнська - –усский - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Common / WHY Is the Forum Dying?
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . >>
Autor Beitrag
nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

WoW, posts from two weeks ago are still on the main page? This would have sounded unbelievable some time ago, wouldn't it?

So, may be this is going to be a more reflective topic, where people could reminisce the "good old times", analyse the present and compare the two.

-What/Who brought fans here before?
-What/Who used to keep them here?
-What/Who is missing now?
-Can anything be done for the "good old times" to be back?
-Who can do "that thing/miracle"?

May be someone could answer these?

As for me, the "who" that brought me here was Ruslana, of course. (Yeah, you, too, I believe). The "what" that brought me here was the hope to find people with common interests (thanks, guys : ) ). The "who" that used to keep me here were my friends (with whom I have far more personal contacts now). The "what" that used to keep me here was the hope to get closer to that ideal we all had imagined. The "what" that is missing now is the previously mentioned "hope" and the "who" missing is the one who had created and later shattered many hopes.

I can't answer the other two questions, but it really seems that everything's falling apart, doesn't it?

Alex__Angel
# Gesendet: 19 Jul 2010 16:36 - Edited by: Alex__Angel
Antwort 

Yannis
Antwort 

nikoleta_rangelova

There might be many reasons. Some of them that come to my mind, I'll write down - expecting another uproar as usual. But I don't care!

I think that the main reason is that Ruslana is not producing anything new for a long long time and does not "feed" her fans regularly.

Now and then some charity- or sports appearance can't help to keep a community together.

There must be goodies for the fans regularly, e.g. a new video every quarter of the year or a single with really new songs.

Another big mistake was to cooperate with Warner label. Those labels consider those criminals who share some lousy mp3s for fun.
Sharing free music makes fans!!!

I came to Eastern music because most of the artists offered their mp3s for free and nobody was after fans if they shared videos. And they ask low prices for their media in comparison to Western countries.

Treating fans of Eastern music liberally made me buy several hundreds of original audios and dvds.
Nowadays people must be afraid to upload TV broadcasts or clips to shares. That used to be completely different when I came here 2005.

All activities on Youtube, e.g., are considered illegal - sharing videos, uploading videos. That chases law abiding fans away.
(I published Youtube copyright rules here earlier - for those that don't believe it. Use search to find them.)

Idiotic comments whether fotos are "rare" or not may people no longer make an effort to look for pictues and upload them.
(I stay away from those topics for a long time for that reason.)

Another problem is that written or unwritten "law" to stick to topics.
But Ruslana does not offer enough stuff to talk about. Sorry. Therefore, e.g. in our German topic, also English writers are welcome to talk off-topic, all nationals. But even that does not help much but keeps it a bit alive, at least.

Some come here, claim to be big fans - thinking, just writing some postings, asking some questions, will bring them directly to their star. As soon as they realize that their dreams don't come true in a short period of time, they go away. Many young people do not have the patience to wait for years. Life becomes faster and faster.

And there are people that just ask for download-links all the time and don't care a minute for their co-forum-members.

And there are - now and then - fightings among forum members. If some opinions are not shared, they feel insulted or bored and do no longer join conversations.

Different reasons, too many different characters.

Personally I'm often thinking of staying away as well. If there are no people with common taste, hobbies or interest to talk to, staying away is better instead of talking to yourself, isn't it?

But all this writing won't change anything, I suppose.

A big new Ruslana project and international tour could make a difference. But little hope that this will come true one day.

nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

Alex__Angel
Hey, the first one was nice, too

Yannis
I think that the main reason is that Ruslana is not producing anything new for a long long time and does not "feed" her fans regularly.

Aha, that's the main and right reason, of course.

Another problem is that written or unwritten "law" to stick to topics.

LoL, I do find it better not to share cooking recipes in a topic about sports :D

But Ruslana does not offer enough stuff to talk about. Sorry.

No, that doesn't need any sorries, it's true. Or may be the impact of her previous project wasn't as strong as the one of Wild Dances, which managed to keep fans active for as long as it took of the new project to appear, i.e. about 4 years.

staying away is better instead of talking to yourself, isn't it?
Aha, it is.

But all this writing won't change anything, I suppose.

No, it won't. The topic was just another attempt to create some activity.

I know people can't live their lives here, moreover now it's summer time, everyone's on holidays, but the forum's pulse has decreased to 1-2 beats a day, lol.

A big new Ruslana project and international tour could make a difference. But little hope that this will come true one day.

Hm... may be four years after WE i.e. in 2012? LoL, patience, fans, patience...

Pitej
Antwort 

nikoleta_rangelova
I hope that new album will be released earlier than in 2012.
And I hope that Ruslana will give us a lot of wild performances in 2012 to share because of EURO in Poland and Ukraine! so, patience is a good word here. Thinking positive.

Yannis
Antwort 

Pitej
Thinking positive

I think most people that stayed here are thinking positive and have patience. That's not the point. The point is that new members coming here wouldn't wait for years to get new wild music or a live Ruslana concert....

D_J
Antwort 

Ќас мало, но это только ещЄ одна причина, чтобы держатьс€ вместе. ≈сли уйдЄте, вс€ слава победы достанетс€ мне одному
–усские богатыри остаютс€ непобедимыми

flipsty
Antwort 

I don't have any theories, but I know I'm not looking forward to any more soulless Warner music.

Pitej
Antwort 

Yannis

Oh, You are right, but what should we do if Ruslana is doing only a little (or less) right now? We don't know anything about new project (or... maybe I missed something?)

I was thinkink about different way to remind Ruslana in my country but it would be much easier if we will know something about new album or live concert. For example I was searching for any videos from performance in Egipt but probably isn't any video broadcasted.
In May also was concert in Kiev but there wasn't any information about it on main page.

We don't know anything quite like we had band on the eyes.

P.S When I writed that "Ruslana is doing only a little" I meant that maybe, or rather probably Ruslana is working hard right now, but nothing comes to us.

P.S It is late and I'm a bit tired and I hope that my English is understandable for You

D_J
Yes, we should stick together

≈сли уйдЄте, вс€ слава победы достанетс€ мне одному
haha

Yannis
# Gesendet: 20 Jul 2010 06:32 - Edited by: Yannis
Antwort 

flipsty
but I know I'm not looking forward to any more soulless Warner music.

That's a good beginning. That's the only way you can beat the "major label" system: Don't buy their products and if so - only second hand.
They are only looking for shareholder value, not after their artists.

Free open music in internet! And buy the originals from the artist you like - hopefully under independent label or independent him-/herself. I would love to see Ruslana doing the marketing on her own - with the help of a good management, of course. Clever internet ideas, special download offers and some goodies, e.g. now and then free new songs for members of the fan club only! Creative people could do so much....

What did Warner for Ruslana-promotion so far: I can only speak for Germany: nothing! Not a single commercial! Just high prices in stores.

That's the reason I made that point: Strict copyright rules kill fan clubs!

I can still remember times there was a daily download available here. That made me come here years ago: I was looking for some videos in good quality and for some new music of that artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVSmRQLtqTM

Yannis
Antwort 

Pitej
(or... maybe I missed something?)

Not only you. I didn't hear anything as well for a long time.

but it would be much easier if we will know something about new album or live concert.

Yes, at least rumors or some tiny information would help keeping people interested and awake.

I meant that maybe, or rather probably Ruslana is working hard right now, but nothing comes to us.

That would be bad marketing. She can't afford losing so many fans during that period of waiting.

P.S It is late and I'm a bit tired and I hope that my English is understandable for You

It's perfect, no problem. (And for most of us English is not our native language but just a means to communicate.)

Yannis
# Gesendet: 20 Jul 2010 06:49 - Edited by: Yannis
Antwort 

D_J
Ќас мало, но это только ещЄ одна причина, чтобы держатьс€ вместе.

ќчень поэтически!

(hope it's a correct online translation...)

Alex__Angel
# Gesendet: 20 Jul 2010 12:27 - Edited by: Alex__Angel
Antwort 

nikoleta_rangelova

What/Who brought fans here before?
-What/Who used to keep them here?
-What/Who is missing now?
-Can anything be done for the "good old times" to be back?
-Who can do "that thing/miracle"?

я уже много раз пыталс€ подымать подобные вопросы, но реакции причастных лиц никакой, поэтому кратко.

1. –услана
2. ќбщие интересы, схожее мировоззрение
3. - –услана выпускает по альбому в 2 года в идеале в 1 год.
- ѕредставители –усланы работают по защите авторских прав и в сфере »нтернет.
-”лучшение авторских »нтернет ресурсов,
-÷ентрализаци€ бесплатного распространени€, продажа через систему он-лайн оплаты.
¬ общем, –услана и ее окружение должны идти в ногу со временем, а не думать что на дворе 80-е

» конечно - фанфикшен, фан творчество, а не так что вышел альбом / концерт, обговорили пару мес€цев и затихли.
4. Ќичего
5. ћы можем немного улучшить ситуацию, если, конечно, возмемс€.
- —оздать альтернативный »нтернет ресурс (—айт, форум)
- ѕридумать и реализовать несколько ‘ан-проектов по предыдущим проектам –усланы.
- ≈ще раз попытатьс€ наладить нормальное сотрудничество фанов с –усланой и офисом ( Ќе каких-то Ђизбранныхї людей, а в общем ).

Yannis
Youtube copyright rules here earlier..

Ѕоротс€ с »нтернет пиратством, возможно, это только, кажетс€ что трудно Ц на всех видео, хранилищах файлов есть правила, которые предусматривают защиту авторских прав.
"—отрудники компании могут обратить внимание только после жалобы со стороны правообладателей или пользователей сервиса."

»нтернет дает преимущество авторам - можно избавитс€ от лейблов, издателей, дистрибьюторов, продавцов Ц удешевить продукцию, деньги через систему он-лайн оплаты будут поступать непосредственно правообладателю.

Ќо дело в том, что представител€м –усланы это, похоже, совсем не нужно...

Guido
# Gesendet: 20 Jul 2010 15:46 - Edited by: Guido
Antwort 

I waited 42 years to listen to WD. But I don't have 42 more left I'm afraid. So Ruslana : it's time to give us something.

BTW Lusse once wrote : Forum is dying and I will be here with nothing. Perhaps that's why she left ?

Guido
Antwort 

I like statistics - making graphics. But I don't want to make one about postings a day.
As I asked Nikki : Where is everyone ? In Carpathian mountains ?
Not easy to communicate. They have to use their trembita to send postings to the nearest place where they have internet :-)

Esther
# Gesendet: 20 Jul 2010 18:01
Antwort 

Yannis
You are right. I don't know much about labels and stuff but I do agree on the feeding us with new stuff.
I wonder how things are with Ruslana. Has her energy dried up? Is her creativity gone? Is she pregnant? that would be awesome btw!
Anyway there are way too long pauses in between. And Yes everything is a bit the same.
We can't make up our own news about her as that'll do no good either:P

Yannis
Antwort 

Esther
Is she pregnant?

Nice theory!

Anyway there are way too long pauses in between.

All agree on that, I suppose.

We can't make up our own news about her as that'll do no good either:P

Correct!

Guido
But I don't have 42 more left I'm afraid.

I don't have either!

Yannis
Antwort 

Alex__Angel

Be careful: Online translation:

сожалению, переводы не очень хороши в режиме онлайн, но € могу соглашатьс€ со многими пунктами.

ќбсуждение на твоем €зыке слишком сложно мне.

я не знаю, €вл€етс€ ли это хороша€ иде€ иметь несколько альтернативных форумов. “огда поклонники распредел€ютс€ еще больше во всех направлени€х.

English:

Unfortunately online translations are not very good but most of your points I can agree to.

A discussion in your language is too complicated for me. Sorry!

I don't know whether it would be a good idea to have more alternative forums as people would be divided even more.

Alex__Angel
# Gesendet: 20 Jul 2010 19:49 - Edited by: Alex__Angel
Antwort 

Yannis

Unfortunately online translations are not very good

не знаю, €вл€етс€ ли это хороша€ иде€ иметь несколько альтернативных форумов. “огда поклонники распредел€ютс€ еще больше во всех направлени€х.

Ќе несколько, а один не официальный. Ѕыл такой сайт/форум... но он закрылс€ после того как студи€ попросила убрать от туда музыку и видео (хот€ контент был в таком качестве... только дл€ ознакомлени€)

Guido
Antwort 

Is she pregnant? that would be awesome btw!
I don't know anything ! I have an alibi. Didn't see her in 3 years :-) But I agree : it would be awesome.

Hoe zeg je suikerbonen in Eng ? Jij mag de meter zijn en ik de peter ? Hoop dat het een meisje is en dat ze op haar moeder lijkt. :-)

Yannis
Antwort 

Guido
I don't know anything ! I have an alibi. Didn't see her in 3 years

it would be awesome.

Inspiration for a new album, at least...

nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

Esther
Is she pregnant?

LOL, the most original idea :D

Guido
I don't know anything ! I have an alibi. Didn't see her in 3 years :-)

Neither have we, btw, and the media are using old photos only... HMMMM..

» конечно - фанфикшен, фан творчество,

ƒа, фанами нужно что-то вдохновл€ющое на более долгой период времени или что-то предоставл€ющее новых идей регул€рно, то есть новый проект должен быть что-то превосходное или должен быть по€вл€тьс€ очен часто и как-то "краткосрочные" проектов меньшее вли€ние .. так что люди не стали скучат..

Yes, but something has to inspire fans for a longer time or to proivde them new inspiration regularly, i.e. the new project(s) must be either something awesome or there must be more and "short-term" projects but with a lesser impact.. so that people don't get bored and constantly create something new.

Alex__Angel
# Gesendet: 21 Jul 2010 09:56 - Edited by: Alex__Angel
Antwort 

nikoleta_rangelova

Yes, but something has to inspire fans for a longer time...

“ы забыла вз€ть в цитату вторую часть предложени€ Ђа не так что вышел альбом / концерт, обговорили пару мес€цев и затихлиї. (» это правда) ;)

≈сли € теб€ правильно пон€л, то, ƒл€ того что бы фаны имели вдохновение, –услана, каждые 2-3 мес€ца, должна что-то выдавать, или каждый новый проект должен быть Ђкручеї предыдущего? ƒл€ осуществлени€ этого, понадобитс€ больше чем чудо :–

¬ 2006 году после презентации и прочтени€ романа Ђƒика€ энерги€. Ћанаї... лишь немногие загорелись вдохновением, им проект ЂWild energyї дл€ фан де€тельности, казалс€ просто бесконечной вселенной, остальные почему-то ждали (синглы, альбом, шоу, комиксы, серию клипов историй, коллекцию одежды....) и морозились. Ёто не совсем верно!  ак и то, что по корыстным соображени€м, уже запущенный проект был остановлен. ƒо тех пор, пока не утр€сут все вопросы по подписанию контракта с Worner... а там и зверек подобралс€... в виде мирового финансового кризиса.

Ќа самом деле ‘аны, их бескорыстное творчество и насто€щий труд по развитию любых проектов, €вл€ютс€, чуть ли не главной составл€ющей по насто€щему успешных проектов! ¬дохновение поклонников не иссекает годами!

(Ќапример, игры TES 4 Oblivion и Fallout 3 были выпушены в очень-очень сыром виде,... но к ним прилагаютс€ редакторы, с помощью которых можно редактировать любые параметры и объекты игры. ‘анаты серии, использу€ редактор и другие программы, исправели все грубые и мелкие недочеты игры. Ѕолее того, почти каждый день по€вл€тьс€ качественные дополнени€.)

великому сожелению, у нас все по другому...
Unfortunately Ruslana and OK are living on a different planet. A planet, where they believe that an artist can be popular without fans. But such a planet doesn't exist. (c)Cora
Ќо никто не помнит, с чего все началось....
No one remembers how it began.

Yannis
# Gesendet: 21 Jul 2010 11:17 - Edited by: Yannis
Antwort 

Alex__Angel
Ќе несколько, а один не официальный. Ѕыл такой сайт/форум... но он закрылс€ после того как студи€ попросила убрать от туда музыку и видео (хот€ контент был в таком качестве... только дл€ ознакомлени€)

If non-official fan sites are asked by the copyright holders to remove links or content of the artist, they claim to "represent", it's contra-productive, demotivating the responsible web site owner and, in the long run, financially damaging the artist.

This whole major label system has to be crushed. I can only recommend watching the Youtube statement I posted above and reading the many good user comments to the video below it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVSmRQLtqTM

I admire artists like Robbie Williams publicly motivating fans to download his mp3s. (His label didn't like the idea, I suppose... source: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Robbie-Williams-ruft-zum-illegalen-Download-se iner-Musik-auf-73233.html )

nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

ƒл€ осуществлени€ этого, понадобитс€ больше чем чудо :–

A miracle.. then, we wait till Christmas, lol.

великому сожелению, у нас все по другому...
Unfortunately Ruslana and OK are living on a different planet. A planet, where they believe that an artist can be popular without fans. But such a planet doesn't exist. (c)Cora
Ќо никто не помнит, с чего все началось....
No one remembers how it began.

Haha, I agree.

And only few of those who were here when "it began" are here now.

nikoleta_rangelova
# Gesendet: 21 Jul 2010 18:25 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

Guido
But I don't want to make one about postings a day.

Hm... are we losing the patient? :D

:F. Forgot that it would appear as a new post when I log in... no mod's "powers", lol, sorry, spamming *gun*

Moreover, other pages were created: FaceBook page, Twitter page. They could have REALLY become official had they got a little "official" support. I mean, they might have been "extended" with other news, events, dates, anything, but there's nothing, unfortunately. Or even if there is, there are no enough people or, let's put it this way: not enough willing people to deal with this. Instead of new, popular and full of memebers pages created, we're losing sites like, for example, the Polish one. But how could they be updated and appealing, since even the official main site's for the past years been ... boring. There might be events, there might be many events, but as someone above pointed out, those events are making Ruslana popular only inside Ukraine or it's not working even there. It seems that internationally she's already well-forgotten.

Again someone above already said that she might be working hard on something right now, but the info might not be reaching us. Well, that's the problem. If there are to be lots of fans, people must be given sth to expect...some bait just to hold on. All those articles Olya and other people are posting on the forum, why isn't there anything about these events, or rarely there is, on the EN part of the main site? I'm not sure whether the UA/Ru pages are regularly updated, but the EN one's always been dead. The latest news are from a month ago. Oh, come on, I bet the fans' lives are more eventful than that.

We had BUM... Bum... buM.. and again BuM... a month or more before the event and a month or more after the event itself.. and even if it hadn't been for the efforts of fans to "hunt" videos on TV, there wouldn't have been much info about that, too. If not from the internet, where else could international fans get to know more about Ruslana? The main site should be, first of all, the most attractive and up-to-date source of information on Earth.

=And, what's happening, unfortunatelly, is making fans restructure their sentences from "R is this and that" to "R isn't this and that"...

nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

SOF, SOF, SOF (Save Our Forum/Fans)

Guido
Antwort 

SOF, SOF, SOF (Save Our Forum/Fans)
LOL

Guido
Antwort 

Yesterday I saw something on tv about Bulgaria : the white broterhood. I suppose you are not a member. I liked the mountains.

D_J
# Gesendet: 21 Jul 2010 20:09 - Edited by: D_J
Antwort 

nikoleta_rangelova: SOF

ATHALA - sounds better

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . >>
Deine Antwort
             :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Name  » Passwort 

- Home -

Online now: Guests - 4; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 Mai 2020 02:21]