ACTA (& RUSLANA)

- Home - Registrierung - Antwort - Suchen - Statistik - Regeln - FAQ

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Common / ACTA (& RUSLANA)
Autor Beitrag
nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

Apparently I have more free time & devote it to new topics... :D:D

Ok, anyway, I'm curious what's Ruslana's point of view regarding ACTA, which has become quite "popular" recently. Has this law been proposed in Ukraine at all, actually, or is it only for the EU (I think so)? And what would be her position IF it was in UA, too? She's always been against "piracy", so, she'd welcome it, I guess?

Anyway, I'm not soo good at Law and I'd be glad to read other people's comments : )

cora
# Gesendet: 25 Feb 2012 21:39
Antwort 

nikoleta_rangelova
Interesting question. Yes, I would also like to know Ruslana's opinion about it. But I guess it is not an issue in Ukraine. As far I know this law was only proposed in the U.S. and the EU.

I must admit that I don't know much about it and I am still in the process of making up my mind. However, my tendency is to be against it. I fear that small (illegal) usage of the internet, e.g. downloading a song from YouTube, will be criminalized or even made impossible.

I understand Ruslana's concern. But I doubt that if internet piracy was restricted by this law, more people would buy her CD's. One reason why people don't buy CD's may be economical problems. They simply can't afford to buy one. An anti-piracy law wouldn't change this. The economic standard of people has to be increased.

In Germany the copyright regulations are very strict. One result of this is that all videos on RuslanaTube licensed by Lavina are invisible for anyone with a German IP. This means that a great free promotion tool is missed out.

I think the internet should be regarded and used as a free worldwide promotion possibility. In order to still sell CD's these could be made more attractive by something that you can't have for free on the internet, e.g. excellent quality, beautiful booklet, poster other extras, so people will be prepared to spend money on it.

Another thing you can't have on the internet is live music. In Germany the music industry is nowadays making most of its money not by selling CD's but by selling tickets. Unfortunately this doesn't work in Ukraine as most concerts are for free. Maybe paid concerts are something that could be fostered in Ukraine.

What is your opinion?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Gesendet: 25 Feb 2012 22:24 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

cora
As far I know this law was only proposed in the U.S. and the EU.

Yes, I think so, too, but a friend mentioned some measures against piracay in Ukraine, too, so I guess I mixed the two.

I must admit that I don't know much about it and I am still in the process of making up my mind. However, my tendency is to be against it. I fear that small (illegal) usage of the internet, e.g. downloading a song from YouTube, will be criminalized or even made impossible

Yeah, that's my current "state" too. I mean, what I know, I know it from people who "interpret" the law-to-be or who use simpler language to explain it. I guess it would be too complicated for me to decipher the very law in its original text. Even politicians don't know what they're doing, it seems. As far as I heard, Germany was firmly against? Or may be I'm wrong?

So, from what I've heard & read, downloading whatever which does NOT belong to you, i.e. music, movies, pictures, books, software; SHARING sth which may belongn to you, but you aren't authorized to share, i.e. you may have legally bought a song, but if you "distribute" it around- allll this WILL make you a criminal and you may go to jail. Also, this isn't even the main problem, because, ok, we have to agree that piracy is, indeed, kind of... stealing, but: they say that in order for the police to ... know if you haven't by any chance committed a crime (sharing & acquiring files illegaly), the internet providers will be ObLiGeD to give personal information to the police anytime they demand; moreover, you'll have to be WATCHED 24/7 just IN CASE you do sth wrong. Just having an online messenger & an e-mail make you a potential criminal because you maaaaaaaay share sth with sb. All of us, I bet, have at least one illegal PC programme downloade from somewhere, don't we? Ok, we're criminals. We may spend time in jail together with murderers and rapists. Something even crazier which I heard online, I think (again, I don't claim that my sources are trustworthy, but I guess there must be a grain of truth): if you take & upload a picture of you, containing some company's logo, you may be sued if the company decides, because you'd be infringing their copyright... %) i.e. you take a picture of you with, say, your new Nike trainers, holding a bottle of coke, you may be sued by both Nike&Coca-Cola ?!

In Germany the copyright regulations are very strict.

Yeah, I've noticed that and I was very surprised that your country was against that (again, if I've heard it right).

What is your opinion?

Well, given everything that I've heard, I'm totally against. I wouldn't at all regret the lack of possibility to download music & movies for free, as I said above, because it IS... a bit unfair; but I don't like the idea of being watched 24/7, of my everything being checked in some way that I myself can't control; Moreover, the law gives us right not only of speech, but... of sharing & acquring information be it in verbal way or via images or whatever. What if I want to watch a movie from 1995??? Who the hell would play it for me and whom could I pay even if I had the purest intentions & desire to PAY for it? *crazy*

The promotion issues, as you pointed out, too. How is one to listen to the music of a favourite artist if there aren't CDs in their country? They basically want to forbid us to ... search & find information WE want, info that WE need. They want to get us back by don't know how many years, when there was no internet, when the only source of information was TV & radio, i.e. what you WERE shown, information that someone else selected for you, someone else decided what you should, what you can, what you must see. They just deny you the right to ... think differently, to develop differently, to be different.

So, that's what I was thinking... she was so active in that anti-piracy campaign, I used to support her much too.. but now this new thing denies us so many "freedom"s and what was she a proponent of if not freedom in every sense of the word?

***** There were some other insanities regarding the US, I think.. there was sth about closing Wikipedia.. but I didn't pay much attention. On the other hand, yeah, they may decide to close Wikipedia, too- I guess an enromous part of it is based on online "unbought" sources and it's basically... sharing much intellectual work for free..

cora
# Gesendet: 25 Feb 2012 22:53
Antwort 

nikoleta_rangelova
I agree with you. I think there should be made a great difference between pirates who make mony out of other people's property and private people who just download or share for their own entertainment. Of course it is diffficult where to draw the line.

So, that's what I was thinking... she was so active in that anti-piracy campaign, I used to support her much too.. but now this new thing denies us so many "freedom"s and what was she a proponent of if not freedom in every sense of the word?

Exactly. I can't imagine that this is what she wants when calling for anti-piracy measurements.

wespecz
# Gesendet: 26 Feb 2012 18:52
Antwort 

Thanks for opening this topic! As far as I know, ACTA would cause that every suspicion from illegal activities like sending a single mp3 file to your friend would cause that the internet provider would have to monitor all your internet activities. Without permission of the court. So far providers just give you the service and don't need to care what you actually do in the internet. And your friends would be watched, too. Just in case. They'd take the internet connection from you or treat you by law.

You could have problems just when you upload on the internet a video from your party where you were streaming a copyrighted content.

Labels and these who want to hold the power try to preserve conditions which applied years ago, e. g. when people were buying CDs a lot and didn't care much about content that was not available in their country. But this has changed, people would like to find content online and for reasonable price... not more than 1 Euro per song (Czech Republic) and with very limited selection. They're trying to change people by suppressions rather than trying to fix this first.

I'm sure that I'm not able to put here full overview of ACTA however. To learn more about ACTA, see this video.

My country stopped ratification of ACTA not long ago - after many protests in streets and especially after many hacker attacks to state servers and severs of some political parties.

nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

wespecz
You could have problems just when you upload on the internet a video from your party where you were streaming a copyrighted content.

AHA, right, I'd forgotten about this!

To learn more about ACTA, see this video.

Yeah, it was quite a popular video a couple of weeks ago :D

My country stopped ratification of ACTA not long ago

STOPPED or just postponed? Because here they haven't really cancelled it, but just.... shelved it.

cora
# Gesendet: 27 Feb 2012 20:20
Antwort 

nikoleta_rangelova
Yeah, I've noticed that and I was very surprised that your country was against that (again, if I've heard it right).

It's not the government, it's the people. Because of the mass protests the government stepped back, but it's certainly not the end of the story.

nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

cora
Because of the mass protests the government stepped back, but it's certainly not the end of the story.

Yeah, I see. Same here.

nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

I was thinking... if that ACTA thing is ratified, what happens to RuslanaTube? Or is the content there already legal and can be legally shared ? %) %) Or will it be made unavailable for some countries, but still available for Ukraine? %) This concerns the whole YouTube may be, though.

So, Cora, for you some videos aren't available even now, are they?

May be eventually there should be a brand new channel, called RuslanaTubesInUkraineOnly, lol.

Hopefully not.

cora
# Gesendet: 29 Feb 2012 23:58
Antwort 

nikoleta_rangelova
Or will it be made unavailable for some countries, but still available for Ukraine? %) This concerns the whole YouTube may be, though.

No idea.

So, Cora, for you some videos aren't available even now, are they?

As soon as Lavina staff licenses a video it becomes invisible in Germany. They usually did this every 2 or 3 weeks. Recently they have been really lazy. At the moment I can watch all videos uploaded later then 21th Dec. 2011. That means they have not done their duty for more than two months.

May be eventually there should be a brand new channel, called RuslanaTubesInUkraineOnly,

Let's hope that this won't happen.

nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

Recently they have been really lazy. At the moment I can watch all videos uploaded later then 21th Dec. 2011. That means they have not done their duty for more than two months.

Researcher ... :D

Let's hope that this won't happen.

Yeah.

Deine Antwort
             :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Name  » Passwort 

- Home -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 Mai 2020 02:21]

forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site