HAPPY CATHOLIC EASTER!!! (1)

- Home - Registrierung - Antwort - Suchen - Statistik - Regeln - FAQ

- ΣκπΰΏνρόκΰ - Πσρρκθι - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Off-Topic / HAPPY CATHOLIC EASTER!!!
. 1 . 2 . >>
Autor Beitrag
D39
# Gesendet: 14 Apr 2006 00:04 - Edited by: D39
Antwort 

My dear fellows... thinking that I won't have the chance to see/talk (with) u again until Easter/Monday (I'm going in a trip in the Carpathians - in Molodva, Romania) I want to wish u all, in advance, a very happy Easter. May Lord Jesus Christ who has crushed the death by His holy Passion, Death and Resurection fill your hearts with joy and all the good hopes for salvation; and bless your homes and loved ones with His ethernall love for mankind!

Christ has risen! May we all rise in Christ!

PS: Sorry if this comes to soon! :)

Lussekatt
Antwort 

D39

Very nice of you, thanks! I wish you the same in return and have a great Easter holiday!!

Lussekatt
# Gesendet: 15 Apr 2006 01:34 - Edited by: Lussekatt
Antwort 

Is there really nobody in this forum who doesnt celebreate or care about Easter??

isnt there any eastertraditions in your countries except D39's?
My mum use to have an "eastertree" that she decorated with feathers, and eggs. And children dress themself like witches and wizards walking around and ring on neighbours doors, asking for candy or money. And she put candy in an egg for us to find after she has hidden it.

I cant say I celebrate Easter- I only celebrated easter when I grew up but have never done on my own.

The easterbunny have never ever visited me. I have made my own as I dont like to decorate eggs or making chickens:

Carolus
Antwort 

Happy Easter to everyone! Let the WILD Easter bunny come to your and bring you some WILD energy. lol

Guido
Antwort 

I dont like to decorate eggs
That reminds me of hanja. Lusse, perhaps you can put a picture of an ukrainian easter egg here ? (made in Belgium :-))

Lussekatt
Antwort 

Carolus

lol!

Guido

oh yes of course, I do care about that egg even if I dont like to make them myself. Its the form I dont like but Hanjas egg is the most beatiful egg I have owned myself. I cant bring on a photo of it as close up as its lost in the moving package at the moment... I think it is in the residence I dont have access to but I have a photo of it since before where it can bee seen partly:

ShakiFanatico
# Gesendet: 16 Apr 2006 01:16 - Edited by: ShakiFanatico
Antwort 

Happy Easter to everyone!

Guido
Antwort 

Happy Easter to everyone!
Thank you Shaki and the same for all of you. Thanks Lusse, you made me very happy :-) I hope Hanja sees it too.

Christiane
# Gesendet: 17 Apr 2006 23:05
Antwort 

A little bit late though......anyway, happy Easter!

D39
BTW, there are not only the Catholics, who celebrated Easter on Sunday and today ;-)

D39
Antwort 

Christiane
Yeah... well all the friends I know here that have another religion than orthodox (mine) are catholics... so that's why I named this topic like that... Didn't meant to offense!

Christiane
# Gesendet: 17 Apr 2006 23:25 - Edited by: Christiane
Antwort 

D39
I´ve pointed out to that, cause Germany is a country, where two main religions exist, roman Catholic and Protestantic (beside other religions of course). But I didn´t regard it as an offense anyway, that´s why I posted a smiley behind my message

D39
Antwort 

Christiane
I´ve pointed out to that, cause Germany is a country, where two main religions exist, roman Catholic and Protestantic (beside other religions of course). But I didn´t regard it as an offense anyway, that´s why I posted a smiley behind my message
I know the situation in DE... btw... which one are u in???

Christiane
# Gesendet: 17 Apr 2006 23:37
Antwort 

D39
I was baptised in a protestantic church, but meanwhile I´ve resigned from church....means, that I don´t pay any church tax anymore.

D39
Antwort 

Christiane
I was baptised in a protestantic church, but meanwhile I´ve resigned from church....means, that I don´t pay any church tax anymore.
aha... but u are protestant.

Christiane
# Gesendet: 17 Apr 2006 23:44
Antwort 

D39
Yes, I just don´t belong to the protestantic church anymore.

D39
Antwort 

Christiane
Yes, I just don´t belong to the protestantic church anymore.
So... u must be kinda... atheist, no? or... schismatic... dunno how to call it...

flipsty
Antwort 

D39
You've lost it.

Christiane
# Gesendet: 17 Apr 2006 23:56 - Edited by: Christiane
Antwort 

D39
So... u must be kinda... atheist, no?
It´s a difference wether you resign from church, cause the teachings of the church doesn´t mean anything to you anymore or you don´t believe in God or Jesus Christ. The other reason, why people resign from church is, that they don´t see any sense in paying taxes in an institution like the church also is. I don´t need the church as an institution for my believe, means, that I´ve got the freedom to decide, what I want to support. I don´t know, if you pay church taxes in Romania. I wouldn´t regard people as atheists only, because they resigned from church. This hasn´t got anything to do with their believe.

D39
Antwort 

Christiane
aham... yup... we pay taxes... but in orthodoxy u need the body/institution of church... 'cuz only thru the institution u can take part to the spirit of the church...

Christiane
# Gesendet: 18 Apr 2006 00:08 - Edited by: Christiane
Antwort 

D39
'cuz only thru the institution u can take part to the spirit of the church...
If you mean the sacraments......it´s the same in Germany. You can take part at service, but if you want to get married in church without being a member of it, you have a problem.....just as an example.

Lussekatt
Antwort 

Christiane
A little bit late though......anyway, happy Easter!

Thanks ;-) I hope you had a good weekend!

and in Sweden there is also special taxes for church. When I got married I discovered I have never in my life payed taxes for church and my parents thought I did all the time.

You can take part at service, but if you want to get married in church without being a member of it, you have a problem.....

indeed, we had to pay the chuch we wanted to get married in as none of us belonged to it. The church had symbolic meanings to us, one of those was that my husbands parents also got married there.

Christiane
# Gesendet: 18 Apr 2006 13:11
Antwort 

Lussekatt
I hope you had a good weekend!
I did....thank you. We spent Easter Sunday with my mum. The weather hasn´t been that good, but it was nice anyway. I had a week off from work last week together with my husband.

When I got married I discovered I have never in my life payed taxes for church and my parents thought I did all the time.
Since I´m in a labour condition, taxes are withhold from the gross wage anyway. We just had a civil marriage.

D39
Antwort 

Christiane
If you mean the sacraments......it´s the same in Germany
Not only the sacraments. All about the comunity and the church (even as building).

but if you want to get married in church without being a member of it
as a member of the parish??? here it's not the same... u can get married in any city, at any church (as long as it's orthodox and u, of course) even if u aren't member of the parish.

Christiane
# Gesendet: 18 Apr 2006 15:29
Antwort 

D39
I think, that it´s not that easy to get married in church, if you´re not a member of it.....regardless of the parish. Since I didn´t get married in church, I never thought about that really. On the other side, I heard about people got married at the church they prefered, regardless wether they´re members of the parish or not. Some people like to get married in a romantic chapel even. If both are of different religious denomination, you also can decide for an oecumenical marriage in one of the churches or you decide for either a catholic or protestantic marriage.

D39
Antwort 

Christiane
aha... rules and rules and customs...

Christiane
# Gesendet: 18 Apr 2006 15:52
Antwort 

...and sometimes wishy-washy even.......well, the real meaning gets lost sometimes.

D39
Antwort 

Christiane
well, the real meaning gets lost sometimes.
that's what the ''mistery'' of church consists of.

Christiane
# Gesendet: 18 Apr 2006 18:05
Antwort 

D39
Mmhh...true

Lussekatt
isnt there any eastertraditions in your countries except D39's?
I´ve noticed your question a bit late, so......OK, well in Germany the children like to search for chocolate bunnies and eggs their parents hide in the garden. I used to love that, when I was young and on rainy days we had it in the living-room. My mum likes to make a bunch of forsythia, where she hangs some small eggs on it. Children also like to blow out eggs and to paint them.

Lussekatt
Antwort 

Christiane

its similuar how to celebrate easter in Sweden I think, about the searching for eggs, but I have only heard about it. I dont think I have experienced that as a child..Have to ask mum about it. But I have certainly never in life found an egg in an garden. I grew up in an appartment with a balcony...

ShakiFanatico
# Gesendet: 19 Apr 2006 04:10 - Edited by: ShakiFanatico
Antwort 

Lussekatt
But I have certainly never in life found an egg in an garden. I grew up in an appartment with a balcony...

Same counts for me. It is a tradition to search eggs, preferably outside, but since I grew up in an apartment too, we hardly ever did that.

Christiane
Children also like to blow out eggs and to paint them.

Yep, we did that. It was a nice alternative for us, for not really being able to search eggs.

. 1 . 2 . >>
Deine Antwort
             :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Name  » Passwort 

- Home -

Online now: Guests - 1; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 Mai 2020 02:21]

online community software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site