-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Latest News / Sopot festival
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . >>
Autor Beitrag
AlexandruRo
Antwort 

kozi

Thanks for the updates.

As I understood , there will be 2 winners at that festival. One winner of the tele voting and one winner of the jury. Am I wrong?

lampellen
Antwort 

AlexandruRo
Traditionally hand Grand Prix, 1,2 and 3 place, but rules could change, that*s why I do not know exactly

lampellen
Antwort 

You can read here about this festival:

http://pesnyagoda.by.ru/sopot.htm

URL

POLAND
# Gesendet: 2 Aug 2008 14:29 - Edited by: POLAND
Antwort 

OH MY GOD. I see people you have NO IDEA what is Sopot Festival...

AlexandruRo: This is nice but it's somehow risky for Ruslana to compete in a less-importance festival.
Honey, are you kidding? Let me explain to ALL of you.

Sopot Festival (also known as Sopot International Song Festival) it's the largest after Eurovision Song Contest such event in Europe. It's also the biggest and the most prestigous festival in Poland. It's been watched by milions of people in Poland's prime-time TV. Since few years it's broadcasted by TVN, the most exclusive commercial TV. For polish singers, winning Sopot Festival always means that they will made huge career in Poland. That was with last year winners "Feel", they are now TOP1 here. For foreign finalist artists Sopot Festival means HUGE promotion, I think there is no chance for bigger promotion in Poland than in Sopot Festival.

Six foreign finalists has been chosen from all applications by special commission. +there is one polish finalist which will be chosen in semi-final before the grand final by jury.

So it's already success for Ruslana that she qualified for final.

Sopot Festival will take place in the most prestigous place for concerts in Poland - Opera Lesna (Forest Opera), which is in the forest.

Foreign artists in Sopot Forest Opera (most of them was on Sopot Festival): Bryan Adams, Ace of Base, Charles Aznavour, Backstreet Boys, Goran Bregović, James Brown, The Corrs, Beverley Craven, Deep Forest, Earth, Wind & Fire, Jose Feliciano, Gloria Gaynor, Whitney Houston, Kelly Family, Nigel Kennedy, Kraftwerk, Annie Lennox, Marillion, OMD, Chris Rea, Lionel Richie, Jimmy Somerville, Kim Wilde, Paul Young, ZZ Top, Al Bano & Romina Power, sir Elton John, Katie Melua, Arash, Mattafix, Garou, In-Grid, Patricia Kaas, Helena Vondráčková, Karel Gott, Tina Turner, Drupi, Demis Roussos, Boney M, Bonnie Tyler, Vanessa Mae, Zucchero, Ricky Martin, Scorpions, Simply Red, Crowded House.

So please don't tell me that this is "less-importance" festival....

Sopot, as a city is the most popular coastal resort on the polish seaside. It's next to Gdansk and Gdynia. That aglomeraton Gdansk-Gdynia-Sopot as popular known in Poland as a "Trojmiasto" (Tricity).

Someone asked for tickets. As I know they are not in sold yet. Last year, for the international final and polish semi-final (they are on the same evening) they cost from ~25 euro to ~75 euro, if you buy them before some date. After that date they cost from ~35 euro to ~100 euro.

Here are last year winners LIVE on Sopot Festival 2007: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oBWNoT3bG5E

And btw. I want to say hello to everybody

POLAND
Antwort 

Oh I forgot something. Do Ruslana have any chances to win? Of course she have. Maybe she isn't so popular in Poland but she is starting to. "Moon of dreams" is on polish music TVs quite often. She will soon enter Poland National TOP 50, which will be another success (our representative on this year's Eurovision Song Contest was in 45th place). She will be tomorrow a special guest (main star) on Miss Poland 2008, which will be also broadcasted live and watched by many peoples.

Poland give her 12 points in ESC, so she just must to "refresh" our memory and then she can be veeery surprised...

wespecz
# Gesendet: 2 Aug 2008 16:10
Antwort 

POLAND
Thanks so much for the informations! I see also a lot of Czech singers here. So almost another Eurovision? The wildest luck, dear Ruslana!

Now as you told this I think that I remember something from previous years wow!

Oh I forgot something. Do Ruslana have any chances to win? Of course she have.

cora
# Gesendet: 3 Aug 2008 11:09
Antwort 

POLAND
Sopot Festival (also known as Sopot International Song Festival) it's the largest after Eurovision Song Contest such event in Europe.

Really? I have never heard of it before.

It's also the biggest and the most prestigous festival in Poland.

In Poland, yes. But I doubt that it is known in the West at all.

For foreign finalist artists Sopot Festival means HUGE promotion, I think there is no chance for bigger promotion in Poland than in Sopot Festival.

I am sure that you are right, that it is very good for promotion in Poland.

AlexandruRo
Antwort 

cora

In Romania, everyone says the "The Golden Stag" is the largest after ESC. So, the situation can change from country to country. LOL x 1000000

POLAND
Antwort 

AlexandruRo, I see you are a little bit ignoramus... I'm not saying what "people says". Also I never heard of "The Golden Stag". Sopot Festival is SECOND largest so not everybody can hear about it, because ESC is the BIGGEST. Of course some people don't know what is Eurovision too...

for example, according to Wikipedia: Sopot is a large health-spa and tourist resort destination, well known for the longest wooden pier in Europe, the Molo (at 515.5 meters), from which one can see the Gulf of Gdańsk. The city is also famous for its Sopot International Song Festival, the largest such event in Europe after the Eurovision Song Contest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sopot

Ruthen
# Gesendet: 3 Aug 2008 11:49
Antwort 

POLAND
Welcome to our wild forum
wespecz
So you see, Ruslana can win too haha...and anyway there won't be Abba this time

nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

Ruthen
and anyway there won't be Abba this time
or the fehlers may come to the rescue

wespecz
# Gesendet: 3 Aug 2008 11:54
Antwort 

Ruthen
So you see, Ruslana can win too haha...and anyway there won't be Abba this time
Exactly. There will be nobody who don't sing a lot of years.

nikoleta_rangelova
or the fehlers may come to the rescue
wo will rescue them, then?

Ruthen
# Gesendet: 3 Aug 2008 11:55
Antwort 

nikoleta_rangelova
I'm affraid this time we'll have to wait for UFOs....Cos there will be no fehvoting, only jury I think, no? So let's make all unfriendly-to-Ruslana jury be kidnapped by the 3 wild UFOs

AlexandruRo
Antwort 

POLAND

No. I mean. Is risky for Ruslana to compete in a less-importance festival as the Eurovision Song Contest. After, she won the Eurovision 2004, she never participated in a music festival. If she will not win, it would be dissappoiting for her and for her staff and for of course.

AlexandruRo
Antwort 

POLAND

LOL!

nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

Ruthen
indeed, and will'be more then

i'm sooooo eager to waaaatch Soooopt fest.

wespecz
# Gesendet: 3 Aug 2008 12:11
Antwort 

Ruthen
I'm affraid this time we'll have to wait for UFOs....Cos there will be no fehvoting, only jury I think, no? So let's make all unfriendly-to-Ruslana jury be kidnapped by the 3 wild UFOs
It's at least great that people won't vote due to political reasons. But jury is judging due to art value so it means that what people like jury sometimes dislike and opposite. But it won't be 50:50 jury:people. But never mind.

nikoleta_rangelova
i'm sooooo eager to waaaatch Soooopt fest.
Hope that link will be available. Or FehTube link. As POLAND said - that Polish people are tubing a lot everything important.

POLAND
Antwort 

Oh, sorry I didn't write about awards how it looks like -_-'

So, firstible there is semi-final for the 5 polish qualified. They are singing LIVE (well, all singers have to sing LIVE in Sopot...) and then jury (7-people) is choosing a winner. Then, there will be a main international final.
The main Grand Prix of the Sopot Festival is Amber Nightingale Award. Winner is chose by that 7-people jury. He alson win 40.000 PLN (10.000 euro).
But there is also special award by televoting. It's called Nightingale of Public Award. Winner takes 20.000 PLN (5.000 euro).

Here is nightingale in Sopot Festival intro: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QgUxDeJvrBw

This is how it looks:

AlexandruRo
Antwort 

wespecz

The jury thing is a great news! Matt Pokora is a J Timerlake a like French singer with Polish links. His voice sucks as well as the other contestants. Ruslana will win for sure!

POLAND
Antwort 

And here are six finalists (someone made that video), Ruslana's rivals btw.: http://youtube.com/watch?v=prYqiB0ZPAk

And one more link to get you closer about Sopot Festival. Here is how it looks before each finalists perfomance. Last year winner of the "Nightingale of Public" were asking some question in futuristic system: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UbeXDagXcX0

wespecz
# Gesendet: 3 Aug 2008 14:21
Antwort 

Still a lot of time to the Sopot.

POLAND
Thanks! That's great that people will show who's the best and jury will show who's the best due to their oppinion. Now it's almost ideal. Thanks again for the valuable informatins!

AlexandruRo
The jury thing is a great news! Matt Pokora is a J Timerlake a like French singer with Polish links. His voice sucks as well as the other contestants. Ruslana will win for sure!
When sonce is shinning, optimism is in the place!

wespecz
# Gesendet: 5 Aug 2008 17:22
Antwort 

Regarding to help one Polish fan who wish to meet (see) Ruslana, I know that the next opportunity will be at Sopot. Do you know if it's possible to go here (buy tickets) or if it's closed for public? Thanks!

POLAND
# Gesendet: 6 Aug 2008 11:04 - Edited by: POLAND
Antwort 

wespecz, of course it's possible. In previous years before Sopot Festival there was open-air concerts on famous Sopot pier to promote artists (for example: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=zQFrH7TSc9Y ). It was free as I know and lucky one can get some autographs and met artists. You can also go to the main evening on Sopot Festival (competition evening) but tickets are quite expensive (I have posted here last year's prices).

POLAND
# Gesendet: 6 Aug 2008 11:21 - Edited by: POLAND
Antwort 

Ladies and gentlemen,
tickets for the Sopot Festival 2008 will be very soon on sale! Only in first week they will be cheaper about 40%! In last year 90% were sold in first week so you have to hurry up.

If anyone interested I can help.

http://www.plejada.pl/4,5728,news,1,1,bilety_na_sopot_festival_juz_w_sprzedazy,artyku l.html

http://www.ticketonline.pl/portal/start.jsp?m=2&sid=710723169249732ce1652267fca92386; app04&affilateid=&wid=5&refid=3653&lid=

wespecz
# Gesendet: 6 Aug 2008 23:43
Antwort 

POLAND
Thank you, perfect! I coppied your e-mail to the fan and invited him to our forum so maybe you will find one more compatriot who loves Ruslana here.

AlexandruRo
Antwort 

Does anybody knows if Ruslana will perform with T-Pain?

nikoleta_rangelova
# Gesendet: 7 Aug 2008 08:37 - Edited by: nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

AlexandruRo
Does anybody knows if Ruslana will perform with T-Pain?

I think somebody said he will also be there.......... or was it a link in wiki........but she may sing together "with his voice" even if he is not there, right?

AlexandruRo
Antwort 

nikoleta_rangelova

but she may sing together "with his voice" even if he is not there, righ

Yes, she can, but T-Pain has a lot of fans in Poland, so Rusly & T-Py would win for sure.

wespecz
# Gesendet: 7 Aug 2008 11:18 - Edited by: wespecz
Antwort 

nikoleta_rangelova
AlexandruRo
Yes you're right, somebody said it. But "somebody said it" is very often expression. I mean that it could be true or not.

nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

so Rusly & T-Py would win for sure.
aha, that's what you mean. let's hope

But "somebody said it" is very often expression.
haha, indeed

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . >>
Deine Antwort
             :) ;) :-p :-( ... Disable smilies

» Name  » Passwort 

- Home -

Online now: Guests - 3; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29 Mai 2020 02:21]

web forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site