"WOW!" - a Joke or Reality? (1)

- Home - Registrierung - Antwort - Suchen - Statistik - Regeln - FAQ

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Latest News / "WOW!" - a Joke or Reality?
. 1 . 2 . >>
Autor Beitrag
nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

From a couple of UA-speaking fans I got to know that in "Snidanok", the TV show where Ruslana talked about her new song, she'd described her new song as a "joke/parody" and she "hoped that everyone would have/share the sense of humour". I'm sorry if the quotation isn't exact.

So, the question is: is the new song a truthful representation of her new style or is it something which shouldn't be taken seriously?

Stukee
Antwort 

nikoleta_rangelova

Maybe she is trying to make a parody of the American music industry. I don't know. I'm waiting for the English version to be released.

wespecz
# Gesendet: 19 Apr 2011 15:57
Antwort 

Thanks for this topic, so the sense of a joke was to make a song that many fans won't like? I'm confused ...

cora
# Gesendet: 19 Apr 2011 16:37
Antwort 

wespecz
so the sense of a joke was to make a song that many fans won't like?

Producing and releasing a song and a video costs a lot of effort, time and money. I doubt that anyone would do that as a joke.

It's more likely what Stukee suggested, that it's a parody of the American music industry.

is the new song a truthful representation of her new style or is it something which shouldn't be taken seriously?

I think it is a truthful representation of her new style, though the content of the song is a parody.

Tomorrow is the video presentation. Maybe it will reveal some more information.

lenitao3
Antwort 

i don't think she would make a song just for the sake of producing it

i'm waiting for the English version as well

Katherine
Antwort 

After the flop that was Wild Energy she can not afford to be joking. I would need to know what the lyrics mean. Maybe her song is parodying certain types of people? Perhaps? With the title "I'm so amazing" I'm sort of thinking she may be parodying people with a lot of pride/arrogance.

nikoleta_rangelova
Antwort 

Katherine

I would need to know what the lyrics mean.

You can read a part of them translated here >>

Maybe her song is parodying certain types of people? Perhaps? With the title "I'm so amazing" I'm sort of thinking she may be parodying people with a lot of pride/arrogance.

Aha, a good point..

Guido
Antwort 

So, the question is: is the new song a truthful representation of her new style or is it something which shouldn't be taken seriously?
If I see her hair I think it's a joke. But one never knows.

helenapaparizou
Antwort 

what are the lyrics about?

I don´t know, right now I´m praying for it to be a joke. But I don´t think she could afford record a video just for joking...

why did she talk about in the interview?

Esther
# Gesendet: 20 Apr 2011 02:06
Antwort 

This is a day that I would like to be able to understand Ukrainian

cora
# Gesendet: 20 Apr 2011 06:16
Antwort 

Katherine
With the title "I'm so amazing" I'm sort of thinking she may be parodying people with a lot of pride/arrogance.

Yes, good point!
Maybe that explains also the comic style of the flash movie on the main site.

Esther
This is a day that I would like to be able to understand Ukrainian

Yeah, me too. I've done an online translation of the online conference, but it doesn't reveal anything about the joke issue.

Createwm
# Gesendet: 20 Apr 2011 10:51 - Edited by: Createwm
Antwort 

* I think the moderators will not mind, because the information below, just in the subject *

Friends, I hasten to answer all your questions. As you know, recently held a conference with Ruslana. All that Ruslana said about the new image see below:

1. Pauline : - Hi Ruslana, how will you respond to criticism of its new image, it seems many of your fans do not really like the new style. Personally, I believe that the changes are positive and successful. New song just "Wooow"

* Ruslana : - For me, this is a very good sign. If so strongly criticized the new image, then it is a bright and successful. I remember the same thing happened when I changed during the "Wild Dances". And the criticism was from the fans. They are difficult to realize that the romantic Ruslana became wild. And now they are again heavily. But eventually they get used.

2. Tanya : - Ruslana, what do you think about is not a very positive critique of the fan club of your new image and single??

* Ruslana : - I have not heard the criticism. I think people have every right to cling to stereotypes. Not everyone can perceive changes in the works.

3. Kate : - Ruslanka, hello! Congratulations on the presentation of a new project and songs "WoW!" I want to know when you plan to start the show on the cities of Ukraine? What prompted you to create a new image? Such as in the song "Wow"?

* Ruslana - It was a spontaneous decision. The idea was born to us with stylists chance, already on the set. The first time I went to the shooting of the video and did not know how it will be in terms of the new image. We would like to bet on the choreography, but when there's a new style of it all was forgotten. I'm glad that she decided to do so. For any artist it is important to shock myself and people.
We can not show the new show before the album because it is technically difficult. It takes time to to prepare for it. We do not have such opportunities in America, Europe, China and even Russia.
I think that is enough to show in my life, to stop advertising to entice viewers chips. I think people understand what I am capable. Just what I will warm attention to itself - in complete silence about the new show (laughs)

4. Andrew: - Ruslana, you released a new cool song "Wow. " This is a really cool song. But for that to evaluate all the things you have worked, that would objectively assess the need to still see and hear, and I want to ask, what's next, what to expect and when?

* Ruslana : - Most importantly maintain healthy nerves. Even if I am now the whole world will be customized, I will not release a product until it is ready. I will not brag, but rather revolutionary solution to all waiting! I very much hope that they will pay attention to the entire audience to my work. And it will increase by several times. The next single will be heard soon. Song hits. She has a good chance to blow up a disco. We are preparing remixes.

Very interesting topic. In fact, we know very little. Ruslana said that "I allowed myself a parody, a joke. " Personally, I found it very difficult to switch from wild Ruslana such a different, but now, after a couple of days, I can say that the song I like very much))) All is well.
Friends, today Ruslana presented the new video and single!

p.s. Cora, I am pleased to help you translate the rest of the conference and then you can fix your post if you do not mind?

cora
# Gesendet: 20 Apr 2011 14:54
Antwort 

Createwm
Thanks for your translation!

Cora, I am pleased to help you translate the rest of the conference and then you can fix your post if you do not mind?

Sure, I can edit my post in the other topic. It's great that you are helping us poor foreigners.
I think the online translation of the online conference is okay though. If you want to translate something, I would be very much interested in a summary or translation of Snitanok, especially the part when they are taling about the new video (between 04.00 and 7:30) or other parts about her new style/music/single/album/video. Is that something you could do? That would be fantastic!

malkataruslanna
Antwort 

HI
Does anyone have the text of the new song of Ruslana

Createwm
Antwort 

malkataruslanna, Only Ukrainian version .. Is it needed yet?
cora, Sorry for the long silence ... Friends, there was so much interesting news! Today, try to write and yet do everything. See you

cora
# Gesendet: 23 Apr 2011 19:22
Antwort 

Createwm
Only Ukrainian version .. Is it needed yet?

Yes, please. I would be great to have the UA lyrics to sing along. And may I ask you or someone else to try a translation as well?

Friends, there was so much interesting news! Today, try to write and yet do everything. See you

Which news? Do you want to write about the news or what do you mean?

Stukee
Antwort 

Blue will perform @ Mika's party on the Independence Square in Kyiv, today.
Approx. 100-150 000 people will visit the square. There will be French, Azeri, Austrian and Moldovan representatives as well as Ruslana, Alyosha, Pryhod'ko etc.

The concert will be broadcasted live.

Webcast #1: http://tv.7ja.net/ut-1.htm
Webcast #2: http://tv.vnutri.info/tv-ukrainian/yt1
Webcast #3: http://tvline.biz/ru/tv/?channel=ut1
Webcast #4: http://onlinetv.ukrhome.net/see/ut1/

part 1: 19:05 - 20:00CET
part 2: 20:40 - 21:50CET

After Independence Square they will give a full concert on April 25 in one night club (1 000 people capacity).

Createwm
Antwort 

Snidanok: - Her energy lasts the entire country! Rusya, Hi!
Ruslana.: - Good morning! I want to greet with all, share a good mood and tell that the spring around and girls, remember
before the summer, you should always change ourselves, look at themselves differently to feel how beautiful life around
Good morning everyone!
Snidanok: - In a live broadcast of "Snidanok" you will see how Ruslana birth again in a new image
Ruslana: - Do you see the bruises on my hand?
Snidanok: What is it?...
Ruslana: it is bruises from a whip. it...this will be a performance, premiere of new single.. new single which is very briefly called - "Wow"
Snidanok: "Wow"! English version - "I am so amazing"
Ruslana: "So amazing"..It is a good parody. I hope there will not be scandals as it was with "Kolomyika" when tried go to the court
because I was laughing at Hutsul culture..then was very large scandal and I was very surprised. I allowed myself one more parody and I hope that all
have sense of humour and all will understand everything that we had in mind, Eduard Klimm (husband of singer Gaitana) really helped me....
he recorded a rap of my songs ..
Sasha wrote a very bold text.Frankly,my parents just liked everything.my collective are not clearly perceived and began discussions.
were different opinions. discussed .. very brave .. or very hooligan version.
but I think that we should not fear change.. change the people's opinion about me.
because I realy never go out with wild image.(*meaning never change*)
But about "Hey".It is a state of mind (laughs)
It is a state of mind and "hey" is sacred))

Friends, next will translate tomorrow in the morning. I'll change my message. Good night

cora
# Gesendet: 25 Apr 2011 08:30
Antwort 

Createwm
Thanks a lot! Your translation is very useful!
It gives the answer to the question of the topic title.

scandals as it was with "Kolomyika" when tried go to the court
because I was laughing at Hutsul culture..then was very large scandal and I was very surprised.

I didn't know that.

Guido
Antwort 

I didn't know that.
I only remember some Hutsuls weren't happy the way she was dressed. But that had nothing to do with Kolojmika ?

Esther
# Gesendet: 26 Apr 2011 01:01
Antwort 

Guido
total joke

Scoub
Antwort 

Not that it has anything to do with Ruslana, but I think it's a funny coincidence... "wauw" (/wow) is/was a trending topic on Twitter in the Netherlands.

Esther
# Gesendet: 26 Apr 2011 21:13
Antwort 

Scoub
??? Did you start it?

Createwm
# Gesendet: 7 Mai 2011 08:41 - Edited by: Createwm
Antwort 

Sorry, I did not have time I think all this is a parody. Because, Ruslana herself said that this song is a parody. And if she say something then I think it's true. So I think no need to grieve. will wait and see what happens. And WoW is a great parody.

WildYennifer
# Gesendet: 7 Mai 2011 20:18
Antwort 

cora
It wasn't really a widely known issue, but Ruslana did mention it in a number of interviews. Now I tried to find this information online, and there were quite a few sources. Anyway, you can read more here, for me not to post too much offtopic :D

cora
# Gesendet: 8 Mai 2011 07:02
Antwort 

Createwm
So I think no need to grieve.

I don't grieve at all. The question arose BEFORE we saw the whole video, so it wasn't clear what she meant with 'joke'. After watching the whole video it is clear. The video is funny, entertaining, parodying the competition between people and styles. It's so cool. I love it.

cora
# Gesendet: 8 Mai 2011 07:10
Antwort 

WildYennifer
A mass disapproval in Verhovynschyna, an upland region of Ivano-Frankivska oblast, was caused by the video of Ruslana Lyzhychko "Dyki Tantsi". It came to the deputees of the regional council expressing their indignation. The emotional feedback was commented by the head of the regional hutsul department of Ukrainian research institute P.Sh. In his opinion, in the video the dancers move chaotically and just jerk in a primitive way to the hutsul tunes, which has nothing in common with the real hutsul dances. Apart from that, hutsuls don't like the word "wild" in the name of the song. P.Sh. considers it wrong to create a stereotype about the dancing skills of a whole ethnic group of Ukrainians.

In another source Ruslana gives the official comment on this statement, saying that her attitude towards hutsuls is only positive, there is also the official responce from her press-cetre and an independent comment of the newspaper.

Thank you for this information. I think it is not really off-topic. It is about 'joke or reality' of other videos than Wow.

I didn't know that the hutsuls responded negatively towards WD and that they didn't even like the term 'wild'. It really surprises me.

I think that Ruslana has handles the hutsul culture with the greatest respect. The WD project is a first-class tribute to the hutsul culture. They should be proud of it.

WildYennifer
# Gesendet: 8 Mai 2011 08:10
Antwort 

cora
That's true : ) Moreover, in the responce to that official, the press-centre mentioned that they receive positive feedback and grateful letters from people of that region every day, so the statement being positioned as one "expressing the general opinion of the region" already looks fake and based on no facts.

cora
# Gesendet: 8 Mai 2011 10:31
Antwort 

WildYennifer
I see. That sounds much better.

Createwm
# Gesendet: 8 Mai 2011 10:38 - Edited by: Createwm
Antwort 

cora
So I think no need to grieve

Oh, I'm really sorry. I have not said so.
I did not want to offend you (just my English wants the best) :-D Sorry

Ruslana "Wow" (Ukranian version)

Verse 1:
, ,

' - , "!"

horus:
(?),
, !

Verse 2:
, ?
, ?
' - c , "!"