-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Wild Energy project / Ruslana's US release
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
kozi

# : 27  2009 08:27
³ 

Katherine
Ruthen

one we can for sure forget... a colobration with gaga or beyonce will never happen. T-Pain and Missy are also recording in HIT FACTORY in Miami their albums, that is why i think Ruslana had a featuring with them.
She didn't make it even in Europe, T-Pain was very popular a that time when they released "Moon Of Dreams". His song "Low" was a big hit, but even with that they didn't make it. It's not only becouse she didn't promote it very well, she was in poland many times and she didn't won in Sopot. When she didn't break the west-european marken she has no chances for US. Wild Dances was a hit, cause firstly of Eurovision, and secoundly becouse it was something new. The album Wild Energy is like a continuation mixed with litlle bit of Us productions. People don't need stil the same, they need something new.
Lady Gaga had her success, 'cause she was new. And she still is new, every her performance is new! It's compleatly different from the last one. Also she made a briliant video for Bad Romance. It's all about new ideas, and not stuck in something that was good 5 years ago.

wespecz

# : 27  2009 17:15
³ 

kozi
she didn't won in Sopot
One can't win everything. There are usually more participants than winners. She brought two awards from Asian Song Festival, for example (incl. the one for best artist, that wasn't awaited).

Wild Dances was a hit, cause firstly of Eurovision, and secoundly becouse it was something new. The album Wild Energy is like a continuation mixed with litlle bit of Us productions. People don't need stil the same, they need something new.
You'd not believe me how deep roots Wild Dances have in minds of the wide audience. It's not forgotten. I asked so much different people who didn't know that I coordinate her fan club at all about it and majority knew Wild Dances very well.

I don't agree that Wild Energy was the same as Wild Dances. It was absolutely different style. I have the feeling that whatever she does is considered as the same, although she's the most creative artist I've ever seen. If American producers (Egoworks / Warner) would do their work properely and promote her, Ruslana would already become known in U.S.

Lady Gaga
Lady Gaga? No, thanks.

cora

# : 27  2009 19:06
³ 

kozi
one we can for sure forget... a colobration with gaga or beyonce will never happen.

Sure, this will never happen and I don't think that colaborations with whoever will make her a star in the U.S. or West-Europe. For example people who listen to T-Pain are a completely different target group. I can't imagine that any T-Pain fan will listen to or even buy a Ruslana album. She needs to address her own target group.

The album Wild Energy is like a continuation mixed with litlle bit of Us productions.

I agree with wespecz that the two albums are a completely different style.

People don't need stil the same, they need something new.

From the forum conversations we know that many fans want the WD or even pre-WD times back. But I agree with you that an artist has to change and create new styles. And that is what Ruslana is doing.

Guido

# : 27  2009 20:04
³ 

she's the most creative artist I've ever seen
I agree Wespe. Perhaps a bit too creative ?
I didn't say that's negative. But changing styles cost her a lot of time (and money ?)

From the forum conversations we know that many fans want the WD or even pre-WD times back.
So do I. But she's wo she is. She doesn't make it herself easy.

nikoleta_rangelova

# : 27  2009 20:08
³ 

cora
She needs to address her own target group.

But I agree with you that an artist has to change and create new styles.

And how would she, then, address the same target group? Or "her own" and "the same" are different things?

kozi

# : 27  2009 21:45
³ 

wespecz
Lady Gaga? No, thanks.

but that doesn't change that she is one of the most popular "artists" in the world. I used the word "Artist" becouse i think she is one. She writes her songs, designs her clothes and has a lot of great ideas. She never sings a song the same way ... It's always different, and the people are still asking "what comes now..."

I know WD was big and great! Always when you tell somebody about Ruslana you need to say "it's the one from Eurovision.... Ofcourse we as her big fans will say that WD is compleatly different from WE, but i will tell you that many of people will say it's the same. I was reading today many Euroision forums (i don't know why? Just for fun? don't ask xD) and eery body have the same thoughts... her songs are the same ....

Maybe we want something like WD or Sitanok but it will for sure not make Ruslana more famous...

If American producers (Egoworks / Warner) would do their work properely and promote her, Ruslana would already become known in U.S.

she would not... in the US they have many artist and they don't need another one... it's very hard to break their market. i am sure that if the company would feel in Ruslana money they would promote her better, but they knew that she will not make it there ...

cora
yeah you're compleatly right colobrations will not make it... It's the music. For example Tokio Hotel started their buisnes in US through YouTube. People wanted to know theem better, still more people. Then the first album was released there. Ruslana can't break the European market, she has no chances in the Us... Maybe when she would kiss a girl or something. We must also know that amricans likes SHOW, the best show there is to show "her private life" Ruslana don't do this and the is not ery cool there. That is ofcourse good but still ....

wespecz

# : 27  2009 22:29
³ 

Guido
I agree Wespe. Perhaps a bit too creative ?
I didn't say that's negative. But changing styles cost her a lot of time (and money ?)

But theese money are not wasted in vain. She needs to spend them for what she's doing, it's her work in fact. :-)

kozi
but that doesn't change that she is one of the most popular "artists" in the world.
I know that you're a big fan of her.

I know WD was big and great! Always when you tell somebody about Ruslana you need to say "it's the one from Eurovision.... Ofcourse we as her big fans will say that WD is compleatly different from WE, but i will tell you that many of people will say it's the same. I was reading today many Euroision forums (i don't know why? Just for fun? don't ask xD) and eery body have the same thoughts... her songs are the same ....
Indeed, that's what I said above. I'm sorry, but what do some people expect, then? Wild Hutsulian girl from Carpathian Mountains doesn't match with energy of love in the Moon of Dreams very much. She needs to change somehow with the every new album, but can't change the whole music style or her personality if she won't really want to, because fans love her for who she is, not who she may be in another life.

she would not... in the US they have many artist and they don't need another one...
There is not any certain number of allowed artists in the U.S. Fact that there are a lot of them doesn't matter, it's big coutnry. She didn't get the opportunity (viz my previous words). If they may really promote her enough, we may see, then.

kozi

# : 27  2009 22:37
³ 

wespecz
She didn't get the opportunity (viz my previous words). If they may really promote her enough, we may see, then.
read more of my post:
Maybe when she would kiss a girl or something. We must also know that amricans likes SHOW, the best show there is to show "her private life" Ruslana don't do this and the is not ery cool there. That is ofcourse good but still ....

I know that you're a big fan of her.
it's not only that i am a big fan of her. I think really she is great. But i know what means to me objective for axample i hate 2Pac but i think he's a great artist

wespecz

# : 27  2009 22:49 - : wespecz
³ 

kozi
Maybe when she would kiss a girl or something. We must also know that amricans likes SHOW, the best show there is to show "her private life" Ruslana don't do this and the is not ery cool there. That is ofcourse good but still ....
If you're an artist, you don't need to run naked on the street (I'm exagerrating) or do anything crazy. That's just one of ways, actually effective, indeed, when all the tabloids are doing free promotion for you, then.

But if you're really great artist like Ruslana and your promotion works well (Ego Works?), then you have the chance, too, without such desperrate steps. And even if the promotion doesn't work as you immagined, better to not do such things. Ruslana enjoys doing what she's doing, she's not building her career only and only for money. That's also one of reasons why she's our beloved.

giri

# : 28  2009 08:08
³ 

Speaking as one who lives in the US, the general public is sick to death of 'Stars' marrying and divorcing 5 times, playing media games, their drugs and idiotic behaviours.

I raised the questions of what we can do to make Ruslana better known in the US in the US fan forum. Being a country made up of many, many cultures I don't see why Ruslana WOULDN'T do great here, given time dedication.

Ruslana is one very, very smart business woman. I don't see her signing on with a label that would do anything to hurt her image, because her image IS her.

I think she would have to take it slow, put in time on some very popular shows (Hear that Oprah!?) ;P, but mostly time. It's taken her years to take hold in Europe, but I hope her popularity there will help advance her popularity here.

I can hope!

nikoleta_rangelova

# : 28  2009 08:11 - : nikoleta_rangelova
³ 

Hm.... Yes, many people remembered her with Wild Dances and not with her "kissing girls" or "showing private life". Then, success and fame can be achieved through something unique as music style and vocal abilities "only", not through "craziness". Since she's been able to do it once, she is most probably able to do it again, without performing in ... sth less than underwear.

With WD she was soooo much more different than any other artist. She should have preserved this uniqueness in some way and transferred it into a new style. She herself says in recent interviews that she wants people to see an entirely different Ruslana. Ok, but what does an entirely different Ruslana mean? She was different and unique. And if she wants to become sth different from what people had seen as Ruslana so far, does it mean that she will become soooo much more different from what she originally was (when she differed from "the rest") that she will gradually become like "the rest", but will have successfully differentiated from what we were used to see as "ruslana"?

If so, she'll just "melt" with the crowd and the other artists. I think she must first make sth else, sth different than duets with already known in the US artists (which may just leave her in the shadow), sth with which to grab the audience and only then make duets and things TyPiCaL of other artists, only then "becoming
westernised".

==giri

kozi

# : 28  2009 10:59
³ 

We must all remember that she made it only with one song Wild Dances the song, not the whole album weas so popular. It was new, she won the Eurovision, it was very loud about it at that time, that is why in the US she became also famous... Then DWTW knows just only a few and about TSS nobody heard.... Then so many years nothing (people forgot about her already) comes "moon of dreams" out and it is just only a hit in Ukraine and a popular song in Poland. Even Ruslana promote her new album in Poland, she had her 3 days tour here, she was in radios (Jedynka is not very popular in Poland) and what? Still the same, when you ask who is Ruslana? "I don't know, the one that won Eurovision? Is she still active?". MOD didn't became a hit in poland even with a big promotion.

Ofcourse Ruslana don't need to make show of her life, that is why she will stay herself and stay in our hearts... but we must know that an Mtv Video Music Award or an Grammy she will neer become. I know this is sad, but real.

Ofcourse i don't wanna be like now THE BLACK ONE, that is saying bad things about our sonce. I just know that it will never happen, Ruslana in the top#10 of billboard...

nikoleta_rangelova
Colobrations, but good colobrations are not so bad. Dido became famous through Eminem for example ...

Katherine

# : 28  2009 13:46
³ 

kozi
she didn't break the west-european marken

Did she even try? As far as I know poland was the only place the english version of the album was released in europe.

I don't see why she released it in canada with no promotion or single/music video, that seemed a waste of time.

She definitely has the resources and the music to become popular atleast, however it seems her management lack organizational and promotional skills.

I'm sure if she released Silent Angel music video in the US she will get some kind of recognition, good song, good music video (if you get rid of that horrid purple bit at the end), very leona lewis like...

wespecz

# : 28  2009 16:56
³ 

giri

I raised the questions of what we can do to make Ruslana better known in the US in the US fan forum.
Wow! What's the link to that forum, please?

Being a country made up of many, many cultures I don't see why Ruslana WOULDN'T do great here, given time dedication.
Indeed!

nikoleta_rangelova
Hm.... Yes, many people remembered her with Wild Dances and not with her "kissing girls" or "showing private life".
Exactly. That's her publicity on the wide audience, which is not negative, but very possitive.

She herself says in recent interviews that she wants people to see an entirely different Ruslana. Ok, but what does an entirely different Ruslana mean?
It cannot mean her personality. Luckily. She can change her style, that's what she needs to do. But she'll be always our Ruslana! See: Style of soft Moon of Dreams didn't change her wild heart. You can see that on all the her performances, interviews, everything.

If so, she'll just "melt" with the crowd and the other artists. I think she must first make sth else, sth different than duets with already known in the US artists (which may just leave her in the shadow), sth with which to grab the audience and only then make duets and things TyPiCaL of other artists, only then "becoming
westernised".

There is no need to become "westernized" in order to merge with the crowd (which that "westernizing" may cause). She just has to stay herself. nothing more.

You're right!

kozi
We must all remember that she made it only with one song Wild Dances the song, not the whole album weas so popular.
She won World Music Awards thanks to whole album, not just thanks to Wild Dances. Wild Dances is something like her picture, but people don't think that it's whole Ruslana. They were considering to cover Arkan, Znayu Ya or other songs to perform on ESC as well. If Arkan would help her to win ESC, people may now sing Arkan and think about Ruslana all over the world, instead of WD.

Btw. nobody wants Ruslana full of scandals in order to rock. You see that people in U.S. have enough of showbusiness full of scandals anyway. She's unique exactly because she's not such. And as a singer have to be unusual in order to not merge with the crowd.

Katherine
She definitely has the resources and the music to become popular atleast, however it seems her management lack organizational and promotional skills.

Yes, unfortunately. I agree with you. Although I don't think that it's only her, she tried American producers who should help her to become popular in U.S. But we see how it ended. U.S. release after more than one year after the album is out and with almost no promotion.

Katherine

# : 28  2009 23:37
³ 

wespecz
U.S. release after more than one year after the album is out and with almost no promotion.

I think you would be surprised actually how something is released in US after 2 to 3 years after it was released somewhere else.

Nikki_UK

# : 29  2009 01:26
³ 

Katherine
kat is that u??

Katherine

# : 29  2009 13:24
³ 

Nikki_UK

yeah

wespecz

# : 29  2009 16:56
³ 

Katherine
I think you would be surprised actually how something is released in US after 2 to 3 years after it was released somewhere else.
When singer's styles are already much different ... thanks, didn't know that.

cora

# : 29  2009 17:32 - : cora
³ 

I think the main reason why she didn't make it in Europe is that everything takes too long.

After the ESC victory it took in Ukraine half year to release the album and in other European countries even 10 months. By then the victory was already forgotten by the majority of potential album buyers.

The release of the next CD outside Ukraine took even three and a half years. Way too long. And in the meantime nothing spectacular happened.

If you want to become famous, you have to present in a certain country all the time: single, video, album, 2nd single, TV, print media, tour, all in one year. The year after the same procedure. Only artists who are already very famous can afford a creative break of a couple of years and even for them it can go wrong.

kozi

# : 29  2009 21:11
³ 

cora

GREAT WORDS FOR THE END ... i think it is that what me, wespe, nikoleta etc. where trying to say
Guys this topic is like talking about religions xD Everyone has a different opinion xD

cora

# : 30  2009 08:07
³ 

Katherine
As far as I know poland was the only place the english version of the album was released in europe.

The English WE album was released in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Ukraine.

Did she even try?

No. The promotion outside Ukraine was too little and for the WE album it was even nil.

Yes, unfortunately.

kozi
Even Ruslana promote her new album in Poland, she had her 3 days tour here, she was in radios (Jedynka is not very popular in Poland) and what? MOD didn't became a hit in poland even with a big promotion.

I would call this 'minor promotion'.

i think it is that what me, wespe, nikoleta etc. where trying to say

Guys this topic is like talking about religions xD Everyone has a different opinion xD

Indeed

Olena Soltysyak

# : 30  2009 10:14 - : Olena Soltysyak
³ 

Too All

Oh, Gosh so many posts to read.
Having read them, I can agree with everybody as you are writing what you see and everybody can see Ruslana, her projects in different way.
Well, when I was in the USA I gave Ruslana's disk to some people to listen to Ruslana's songs, they liked her music, they listened to Dyki Tanci, of course they didn't understand the language, but they loved it, they told that - that was the song which they hadn't heard before. Ruslana is very extraordinary person and singer, she likes to show, perform something new all the time. it is very good that she wants to change but at the same time it is very risky, as you do not know how the audience will except it.
Many European singers or the singers from the USA, they sing the same pop songs, and the audience used to them, that's why to break it-is difficult, I guess in the future Ruslana must pay attention at the songs which were popular, and then to compose something alike, but for the best promotion the singers must spend too much money, on the promotion in the radio stations in other countries, advertisements and so on. So, there are two ways or to sing like all the singers or to go on composing something extraordinary.
Many singers get promoted in Tabloids, but as you know the articles aren't pleasant to read there.
Oh, many singers get promoted with the help of programmes (Oprah's programme), or when they compose a song for the film - Hollywood, of course sometimes the singer will not get anything of it, I mean money, but she/he can get a perfect promotion.

nikoleta_rangelova

# : 30  2009 10:21
³ 

Ruslana must pay attention at the songs which were popular, and then to compose something alike

"something alike" may kill the originality and the uniqueness :D

or to go on to compose something extraordinary.

Aha, that's better.. :D:D

Omg, now I'm thinking.. Ruslana has to make more US-like music in order to become popular in the USA? Ok. But since she wants also to become poplural in Asia... the Carpathian rhythms must get well mixed with some mandarin-tunes? *crazy* ;)

Olena Soltysyak

# : 30  2009 10:29 - : Olena Soltysyak
³ 

"something alike" may kill the originality and the uniqueness :D
that is a vrsion, but people get used to old things too. So, ....it is difficult to say.

If to compose US-like music, so it will be only for the USA, as Europe won't except it, I guess, if the song is perfect, even with Ukrainian motive, so it will be famous even in the USA.
Oh, Ruslana can compose something in between country and Ukrainian motive, as country music is popular in the USA.

wespecz

# : 30  2009 11:02
³ 

nikoleta_rangelova
Omg, now I'm thinking.. Ruslana has to make more US-like music in order to become popular in the USA? Ok. But since she wants also to become poplural in Asia... the Carpathian rhythms must get well mixed with some mandarin-tunes? *crazy* ;)
No, really not! We were talking about that so many times above. Ruslana has to stay unique and herself. Dictate of style provided by marked or producers = error.

What's expected is originality and uniqueness, not fitting ears of the most people, music critics and don't know who more. We don't need a background music at the bottom of the chart, we need something ... Ruslanish.

Olena Soltysyak

# : 30  2009 11:04
³ 

wespecz
Ruslanish.

nikoleta_rangelova

# : 30  2009 11:10 - : nikoleta_rangelova
³ 

wespecz
We were talking about that so many times above.

I didn't say anything about what WE were talking :D I just crated analogy to sth that's most probably been already hapening :D;)

fitting ears of the most people
I have the feeling that's the popularity she's striving for.

wespecz

# : 30  2009 11:27
³ 

nikoleta_rangelova
I have the feeling that's the popularity she's striving for.
I meant that kind of songs which are played on the background of our night shifts, for example, which try to not offend anyone, but sounds are not wild at all, mostly boring. When especially early born employees are sattisfied while others can "survive" it. :D I'm sorry this speech sounds fehlerish, it's not supposed to offend anyone.

nikoleta_rangelova

# : 30  2009 11:30
³ 

wespecz
I know what you mean and my reply was exactly about the meaning you implied in your message :D Never mind;)

Btw, I think we've well mixed the topics about Ruslana's After WE projects and this one :D:D

kozi

# : 30  2009 11:40
³ 

Don't want Ruslana as popular as Lady Gaga if she need to change for that... sorry but she has got fans, and she don't need to be on no#1 on billboard ...

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
             :) ;) :-p :-( ... 

»   »  

- -

Online now: Guests - 2; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29  2020 02:21]

PHP forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2021 admin | Ruslana. Official site