-  - - ³ - - - - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Mass-Media / Ruslana plays with Barbie
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
Lussekatt

# : 23  2006 02:09
³ 

MariaC
I'm weird and a loner deep down. I have lots of relations but not close friends nowadays...

You sound almost like me! So welcome to the club of weirdo's!

MariaC

# : 23  2006 02:11
³ 

Maria from the snowy lands

Thank you very much...

Guido

# : 23  2006 02:12
³ 

Moreover, you all seem to share a deep love to Ruslana that is so strong to even made you all root for Ukraine in the World Cup and wear their colours!
True. And that's what made the meeting so unique : Germany : 5 people, Belgium : 2, Holland 2 and Sweden 1. Almost all wearing something ukrainian.
It must be a very special person who can realize that ! (She is)

Lussekatt

# : 23  2006 02:25
³ 

MariaC

You use msn? we might have some more in common to say each other...

MariaC

# : 23  2006 04:56 - : MariaC
³ 

Lusse

My addy is in my profile... feel free to add me, I always enjoy meeting new people as nice as you.... but remember I work long hours (10) and I am not very much on-line not to mention at home! .
Nite -nite and sweet dreams!

MariaC

# : 23  2006 12:25
³ 

I have woke up in the middle of the night and I seem not to be able to fall asleep again so here I am posting another bit.

Guido wrote: True. And that's what made the meeting so unique : Germany : 5 people, Belgium : 2, Holland 2 and Sweden 1. Almost all wearing something ukrainian.
It must be a very special person who can realize that ! (She is)

My reply: Indeed, she's special. She certainly is more than a singer, she is without doubts a leader, probably a political leader if she wants to be one (what it is called "caudillo" in my land)...

As you stated, I saw people from different nationalities to adopt hers and proudly wear her badget and flag, during the World Cup that is such a nationalistic event. That intrigued me deeply since I am a person who is always curious about what ticks other people.

Why do you think people so often identify themselves with their nations?

It is almost an universal human desire to form a group and belong to it. And it's also inevitable that, if a person perceives him/herself as part of a group, there is either pride or shame, not indifference, with respect to that group.

Historically speaking, it is believed that nationalism developed in the 19 century, though there are some Renaissance scholars who might claim that there were nascent nationalism around that period. (You can believe translations of the Bible from Latin to national languages may have its own impact, for example.)
But all in all, nation state is thought to be prerequisite to the existence of nationalism. There are obviously many elements that enabled or promoted nationalism (industrialisation, democracy, fast developing communcation technology, etc.).-

Though a nation is a rather large group for an individual to belong to and for common people to be so conscious of their own nationality rather than their own region/ religion/ occupational group etc, I think high rate of literacy was necessary to encourage it at the time. Something like Newspaper must have done a lot of work to create people's idea of nation.

In that train of thought. Do you think this forum help you (and others) to form the close-knit group that I certainly saw in those pictures? Someone found it funny and commented there, that they were mistaken but Ukranians. Well...........I am not, looking at it as an outsider, (hope Lusse can understand my statement here) who else could wear the national flag of Ukrain if not Ukranians?

Think of Spain. A country with as many nationalities as provinces that want their independence back in some degree or other...and their own dialect not the Castillian Spanish there was compulsory to speak in Gral. Franco's time. (I already made a comment about el "pais" aka Country vasco to another member here)

Well, of course, the questions is: as Humpty Dumpty correctly says, which to be master-- words or you.

*Insomaniac Maria leaving the board*

Guido

# : 23  2006 15:51
³ 

Do you think this forum help you (and others) to form the close-knit group that I certainly saw in those pictures?
Of course, at group level it's the main way to communicate.
Did you study sociology ? I did somewhat and liked it.
I think for a sociologist the group on the photo (it's not complete of course) would be very interesting : What interactions are there between them ? How do they communicate ? How often ? Do they send each other things ? What keeps the group together ? ...

Guido

# : 23  2006 16:32
³ 

Someone even compared us as a group with a religious sect.
One difference is we are already in diaspora before He died.
Did His apostles ever have fan meetings ? :-)
It must have been hard times communicating without internet.
That's why it took ages of course.

Lussekatt

# : 23  2006 17:05
³ 

MariaC
I have woke up in the middle of the night and I seem not to be able to fall asleep again so here I am posting another bit.

WOW! Im really impressed that you get to think of all this in the middle of the night (and without editing your post!!) And your english is just perfect and so well expressed. I really like some expression of yours like:

In that train of thought. Do you think this forum help you (and others) to form the close-knit group that I certainly saw in those pictures?

and answering that question I say, Yes without a doubt. We also complement the forum outside it with chats online for hours and mile long emails and sharing photos and other things from our lives, so there is far from only Ruslana that is the subject!

Why do you think people so often identify themselves with their nations?

Good question! I always wonder that when I see hyperswedes in blue/yellow flags and so on. Swedes are really foolish when it comes to the ESC (Eurovision Song contest you know that made Ruslana famous for us outside Ukraine) Swedes are so fuzzy about believing on their participants to the contest. Myself want to dissapear by then, ignoring this country. I dont care about the country I live in at all, its just simply a place. Im happy as long as the goverment and authorities help me with my statemoney so I can pay my rent and other things I need help with.... but its a nice and clean and tidy country, with modern materials. Thats always good...

Someone found it funny and commented there, that they were mistaken but Ukranians. Well...........I am not, looking at it as an outsider, (hope Lusse can understand my statement here) who else could wear the national flag of Ukrain if not Ukranians?

Certainly! I understand precisely :-) Its nice that someone can see us for who we are and respect it and even understand it! Yeah, we went crazy about Ukraine due to Ruslana. We became a fan of her country as well along with her, lol!

Guido

# : 23  2006 19:00
³ 

who else could wear the national flag of Ukrain if not Ukranians?
We were a very very unique group that day in Koeln because of that. I asked around : Do you have a german flag ? No, only an ukrainian. A belgian, dutch, swedish ? No only an ukrainian.

MariaC

# : 24  2006 02:20
³ 

Guido

I'm not in the sociology field, I am simply curious.. I have complex thought processes .... weird is who, I am at base. In the past I had to acquire some social skills and learn to do small talk. However, sometimes my mind is a ceaseless stream of chatter like last night and writing feels like trying to catch a chipmunk on the loose. Next time I will try to write more sensible.
Your replies made perfect sense... an unique group following a special leader. Hope I haven't bored you all to death with the meanderings of my mind. Happy Sunday, G.

Lusse

I don't know why, but I had a bit of trouble sleeping last night. I woke up in the middle of the night and find it difficult to sleep back again (I don't want to fault the rich dinner I had or my overworking time schedule...lol)
I regularly have these episodes since a couple of years ago. I'll be asleep by 12:30 or later since I am a night owl.... then I'll be awoken at 3:30 or later by images and frenetic thoughts! Yes, they actually wake me up. I have entertained the thought that this is not necessarily just "brain hasn't quieted down yet," but might instead be an indication that I need to do some soul-delving... talk about self delusion!
When I have nothing to delve about... I terrorize poor innocent posters in communities with long posts! Thanks for your patience and replies.

I'm not sure if I edited or not my post... I learned English as a second language as a little kid, developed a extensive vocabulary while reading ....but any English native speaker can see immediately I'm a foreigner. And when excited I just express myself in Spanglish!

My writing technique is doing my work on notepad, reading and polishing it before posting. I use some spell checking too when I remember it.

Nahyka

# : 24  2006 15:00
³ 

Did you study sociology ?
I am going to study sociology next year...

MariaC

# : 25  2006 02:37
³ 

Nahy

Que bueno! I didn't study Sociology...I'm just curios but seems like a wonderful career, girl!

Guido

# : 25  2006 08:32
³ 

an unique group following a special leader
She leads the orchestra but she inspires us.

Lussekatt

# : 25  2006 11:46
³ 

MariaC

Please continue the discussion in the appropiate English Topic or this topic would completely forgot why it was started in the first place. I paste my comments there!

MariaC

# : 26  2006 05:49
³ 

okie dokie!

Envy

# : 26  2006 19:30
³ 

Does anyone know how much money was payed for the Ruslana doll? I know that the Tina Karol doll was sold for 300 euro

? , ? 300 .

, Ruslana ? ?

Guido

# : 26  2006 23:18
³ 

Does anyone know how much money was payed for the Ruslana doll?
It wasn't sold. No one could spend THAT kind of money :-)

MariaC

# : 27  2006 21:02
³ 

You cannot believe how much money some people spend in the most incredible things.... humanity never ceases to amaze me.

Guido

# : 27  2006 22:09
³ 

humanity never ceases to amaze me.
Don't tell me that. But mostly it's negative.

MariaC

# : 27  2006 22:48
³ 

I try not too be too critical of others...on the other hand, I'm far from being an angel...lol

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
             :) ;) :-p :-( ... 

»   »  

- -

Online now: Guests - 3; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29  2020 02:21]

discussion forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site