Rare Ruslana Videos - Second topic - (7)

-  - - ³ - - - - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Mass-Media / Rare Ruslana Videos - Second topic -
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 31 . 32 . >>
Lussekatt

# : 11  2007 17:30
³ 

Yannis

um....thanks but that was exactly what I wanted to avoid - installing for me infamiliar programs for unfamiliar purposes. I just get blocked when go to these links... sorry

The quality of videos on Youtube is, sorry to say, crap.

but yes you are right in that. Its a pity really. I have uploaded my own videos there in really high quality but when seeing them there they have somehow lost their quality and looks blurred. What a shame....as they looks like they was made in poor quality from the beginning...

Yannis

# : 11  2007 17:47
³ 

Lussekatt
I just get blocked when go to these links... sorry

These links are open source and nobody blocks them. Maybe your firewall?

Media player classic needs no installation - as stated. It's just an .exe file to double click.

Without installing codecs you won't be able to watch certain clips which are made with XVid codec, DIVX codec etc. Your decision....
VLC installs codecs only into it's folders and would not harm the system.

What a shame....as they looks like they was made in poor quality from the beginning...

Yes, the explanation is simple: they take any type of video and downsample it to the very poor .flv format. That means a huge quality loss. The only advantage for them: it's getting much smaller and thus, with the poor quality, they don't get such a lot of copyright claims: Nobody really cares about crap. (;-))

oleh_muc

# : 11  2007 19:02
³ 

Here comes the one and only

R U S L A N A

singing the Ukrainian National Anthem for Vladimir Klitschko:

hello guys! COULD SOMEONE PLZ UPLOAD THIS VIDEO ON YOUTUBE??

I'm sharing my outgoing IP address with 5000 other students in the "Studentenstadt" in Munich, Germany and the site of rapidshare says I already exceeded my quota limit :-( (which is not the case actually!)

thanks! :-)

Yannis

# : 11  2007 19:11
³ 

oleh_muc

I'm sharing my outgoing IP address with 5000 other students in the "Studentenstadt" in Munich, Germany and the site of rapidshare says I already exceeded my quota limit :-( (which is not the case actually!)

If you have a so-called dynamic IP address, just stop your dsl connection and dial in again. Thus you get a new IP and can try it once more without having to wait. If you don't have a dynamic IP address just wait for the period of time stated and try again.

Lussekatt

# : 11  2007 23:02
³ 

Yannis
These links are open source and nobody blocks them. Maybe your firewall?

haha, you missunderstood me! But I dont blame you as its makes really good sence you read it like that ;-) Well in fact I meant that I was blocked - in the mentally way. Im not so technical skilled when it comes to computer and I dont understand all this you talking about like:

XVid codec, DIVX
.flv

I have never heard about "codec" and are suspicious of running stuff on the computer Im not familiar or know what Im doing. I sort of want to have control of stuff and arent patient enought to start learning all about it just to get a video.....so for that I said "sorry" ;-)

The only advantage for them: it's getting much smaller and thus, with the poor quality, they don't get such a lot of copyright claims: Nobody really cares about crap.

hm...good point! But I still tag my own videos in case anyone gets other ideas despite the quality!

oleh_muc

Nice to see you here, long time no see!! I hope you are okey in life! So now we are two who want that video on YouTube!

Esther can you help us?

Lussekatt

# : 11  2007 23:12
³ 

oleh_muc
COULD SOMEONE PLZ UPLOAD THIS VIDEO ON YOUTUBE??

I just discovered someone did, see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W98KZ7YShzs

thanks envy!!!

Lussekatt

# : 12  2007 00:25
³ 

Ruslana Ukrainian victory
from ESC 2004:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dc7YAcvJ7A

obw

# : 12  2007 00:53
³ 

Lussekatt
I have never heard about "codec"

It's a word stemming from the same corner of the abbreviation space as "modem". "Modem" meaning "modulator (and) demodulator" and "codec" meaning "coder (and) decoder".

So a codec is just a program which decodes the movie file so you can watch it. Some codecs are BTW automatically installed when you open a movie file encoded with it - the Windows Media codecs. So with high probability this has already happened.

There are some easy to use all-in-one codec packages, Yannis already mentioned one, the K-Lite Mega Pack. It should contain all you will ever need - up to the day when someone invents the next format.
But until then you save yourself the hustle to separately install DivX, XviD, Quicktime, Intel Indeo, MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and whatever I forgot... I just checked there are also some important audio codecs included, of course every video format also is coupled with every possible audio format, nothing worse than: video works now, but no sound.

Esther

# : 12  2007 07:34
³ 

Lussekatt
Esther can you help us?
Yes I could but I see that is allready on the youtube.

Yannis

# : 12  2007 09:14
³ 

Lussekatt
XVid codec, DIVX

After installing the codec pack there is no need to think about what's going on in the backgroud technically. obw already described it: until the next format comes out.....sic. Then you have to update your codec pack.
So it's just installing an exe by double clicking it.

.flv

That's the video format YouToube uses. Any video is converted by YouTube to a file name like myvideo.flv internally.
(This can only be downloaded with special tools, Firefox add-ins or such. Also kind of copy-protection measure of YouTube.) There is also a freeware video player for .flv files. Silent Man and me described everything again and again earlier in these "rare video" topics.

hm...good point! But I still tag my own videos in case anyone gets other ideas despite the quality!

I have nothing against YouTube to get to know an artist and get an impression of a piece of art. But I don't want my video to get spoiled that way. No need to record it digitally, then. Music has to do with quality. If the quality is terrible, I don't like to listen to any music - or at least can't enjoy it.

Im not so technical skilled when it comes to computer and I dont understand all this you talking about like:

I understand that but in this case it's just downloading Mediaplayer Classic for XP, unzip and start it. That's all.

oleh_muc

# : 12  2007 13:54
³ 

Lussekatt
thank you, I discovered that already - really nice!

and I was very pleased how people greeted Ruslana's vocal performance at the end of the anthem - really great!

besides: I don't know if you know, but the fight between Klichko and Ostin was shown on RTL as a break during the Deutschland Sucht den Superstar (something like American Idol in Germany) - they have LOTS of people watching them, so I think it was a good promotion for Ruslana in the end! :-)

oleh_muc

# : 12  2007 13:59
³ 

Yannis
it's hard to explain, but the problem is that we have one router for all the people using internet in the Studentenstadt therefore it's always a limited number of generated outgoing IP addresses...

but now that I saw it on YouTube it's OK... :-)

Yannis

# : 12  2007 14:26
³ 

oleh_muc
it's hard to explain

No problem for me to understand this. I sent brief reply in German topic. (:-))

oleh_muc

# : 12  2007 14:50
³ 

Yannis
it's hard to explain, but the problem is that we have one router for all the people using internet in the Studentenstadt therefore it's always a limited number of generated outgoing IP addresses...

but now that I saw it on YouTube it's OK... :-)

Lussekatt

# : 13  2007 02:36
³ 

obw

Thanks for your explainations!

Yannis
Thanks for you too. I just need to understand what I doing when I do something ;-)

But I don't want my video to get spoiled that way. No need to record it digitally, then. Music has to do with quality. If the quality is terrible, I don't like to listen to any music - or at least can't enjoy it.

yeah I know. Well its an effective way to spread them thats what I think about at the moment. Although its extremely annoying with those videos there that use to stuck when playing them. I dont know why some videos stuck and some dont. But it isnt fun listening to Ruslana singing with her heart the beautiful Ukraine Anthem and then suddenly CUT .....just to continue a while later to go on a few secs and then cut again....then I cant neiter enjoy it.....

oleh_muc
they have LOTS of people watching them, so I think it was a good promotion for Ruslana in the end! :-)

I didnt know since before but I know now ;-) well it looked like it was an american event. The guy who presented Ruslana announced her in an very american way and said "ROOOSLANA!"

Katherine

# : 13  2007 03:18 - : Katherine
³ 

Lussekatt
.....just to continue a while later to go on a few secs and then cut again....then I cant neiter enjoy it.....

best thing to do is pause... wait untill a large amount is loaded (can see this by looking at the scroll bar on youtube the red part tht seems to grow is how much its loaded) then press play.

I ahet the way he pronounced ukraine... it was like "uh-crain"

Yannis

# : 13  2007 09:16 - : Yannis
³ 

Katherine
best thing to do is pause... wait untill a large amount is loaded

No. Best thing is to download the clip: Traffic is the same and if you like it you have it at the same time.

Howto:

1. Use Firefox Version 1.5 - 2.x

2. Install the add-on "OOK? Video OOK!"
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2584/

3. Download the free FLV-Player
http://www.instalki.pl/programy/download/odtwarzacze_audio_video/FLV_P layer.php

or here:
http://www.soft32.com/Download/Free/FLV_Player/4-501-1.html

and install it. Easy setup included: flvplayer_setup.exe .

4. Start YouTube video and press the small button on the left in the Firefox taskbar (photo how it looks like you can see on addons page above.)
That's all.

If you are already using Firefox it's just clicking once to install the addon and clicking once on the OOK - icon to download the file.
(right clicking the OOK - icon presents you the Options menu, e.g. tell the addon where to download your videos by default.)

It's simple as this. Isn't it?

Don't download too many videos at a time. A maximum of 3 is a good number as more take too long and download might stop after some time. And the good thing is: you needn't stay in Youtube while Firefox is downloading the video(s) for you.

Yannis

# : 13  2007 09:37
³ 

I forgot to mention:

Firefox browser you get for free in your language here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html

ruslanasite

# : 22  2007 18:22
³ 

Can someone re-upload "Silent Angel"?

Esther

# : 22  2007 22:30 - : Esther
³ 

ruslanasite
Can someone re-upload "Silent Angel"?
The clip or the song?

haha I suppose you mean the video as this is the video topic silly me!!

Lussekatt

# : 23  2007 01:05
³ 

Esther

Esther

# : 23  2007 01:09
³ 

Lussekatt

ruslanasite

# : 23  2007 12:10
³ 

Esther

The video

Katherine

# : 24  2007 01:20
³ 

Yannis
last time i downloaded that it messed up my computer... so thanks but no thanks

Yannis

# : 24  2007 07:35
³ 

Katherine
last time i downloaded that it messed up my computer..

What program do you mean? What did mess up and how?
These programs mentioned above are publicly used - even in many companies. Firefox, e.g. has several million downloads. VLC player is even used in work, installed on thousands of computers, without any problem. Media player Classic, as stated, is just an executable file which does not 'harm' anything.
All of the programs or Firefox add-ons can be uninstalled easily as well.
Standard links which might have been altered can be changed back, if needed.

The only packages which could be critical are the codec packages. But you have to make a decision: Either install such a packet which enables you to watch different kinds of videos produced with these codecs - or don't install them thus not being able to watch all the different kind of (sometimes exotic types of) videos. It's as simple as this.
Never install several different distributions of differnt publishers of these codec packs together as these installations might be messed up due to different versions.

As obw described already these codecs are not perfect and often you don't know with which codec a video was encoded (there are free tools to find out) and there might be no sound or such. Many are alpha or beta versions and not thoroughly tested. We have to live with side effects like this and for every problem there is a solution.

There is also good backup imaging software around. With this you can backup a pc producing an image of it and play it back within 10 minutes. (e.g. TrueImage, Symantec Ghost, or such.) Although it needs some skill in the beginning it saves a lot of time and data later on. It's always a good idea to have an up-to-date backup in case of virus, serious software problem or such.

I can't even remember when it was necessary to reinstall my computers. Must have been some years ago.... Every 3 months, however, I produce backup images to be on the save side.

Computing is not easy for many people as it's often too complicated and software is written by human beings who make mistakes as well. But as long as the software is not more 'user-friendly' people have to make some effort to be part of the multimedia world. And many make their living with computing, like me (:-))...not always a fun job, believe me!!!

ruslanasite

# : 4  2007 17:52
³ 

Hi!

I uploaded on youtube Ruslana performing "Dance with the wolves" in Romania (2005) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocgAZn8wYQA

cora

# : 4  2007 22:20
³ 

ruslanasite
I uploaded on youtube Ruslana performing "Dance with the wolves" in Romania (2005)

Great! Thanks!

Esther

# : 4  2007 23:48
³ 

ruslanasite
Thank you!!! Looks great!!

Lussekatt

# : 5  2007 00:07
³ 

ruslanasite

thanks especially was it enjoyable to see the audience standing up when she enter and then clap their hands through the song. That must have felt very good in Ruslanas heart!

ruslanasite

# : 5  2007 19:12
³ 

Here is "Heart on Fire" (Eurovision 2005) BETTER VERSION! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bThwq9Rtf5E

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 31 . 32 . >>
             :) ;) :-p :-( ... 

»   »  

- -

Online now: Guests - 13; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 19 [14  2021 14:36]

free forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2021 admin | Ruslana. Official site