...get to know your forum members... (29)

-  - - ³ - - - - FAQ -

-  -  - English - Deutsch - 

Ruslana Forum / Fan Club / ...get to know your forum members...
<< 1 ... 27 . 28 . 29 .
UkFanOfRuslana

# : 21  2013 19:02
³ 

Ashleigh
Yes, My Grandfather was from Ukraine. It is a long story but the short version is that he had a child there (My Aunt) and after the war he was not able to return to Ukraine because he would have been shot by the soviets, so he came to England and re-married and had children. He died young and no one knew how to find my Aunt and no one could speak Ukrainian, My grandfather never taught his children to speak it. I managed to find my Aunt nearly 2 years ago (She never met her brothers and sisters before) so we now travel to Ukraine to see her at least once a year. She lives in the Carpathian Mountains.It is strange because even though I always knew I had Ukrainian blood, I never heard about Ukraine, it was never on the radio or in the newspapers and when I saw Ruslana in Eurovision and saw she was Ukrainian and I heard Ukrainian music for the first time I could feel it inside that I was Ukrainian and as strange as it sounds it made me start to hear more Ukrainian music and learn about where my family were from..which eventually led to me finding my Aunt

Wow. Thanks for your story. I am glad you found her. So amazing that she lives in the Carpathian mountains.

Ashleigh

# : 21  2013 19:14
³ 

Wow. Thanks for your story. I am glad you found her. So amazing that she lives in the Carpathian mountains.

It is, It is a million miles away from Kiev (culturally). It is a great experience

Ashleigh

# : 21  2013 19:23
³ 

This is me as a chubby 18 year old when I met Ruslana

http://i44.tinypic.com/rr58cn.jpg

AlexandruRomania

# : 24  2013 20:58
³ 

Ashleigh

This is me as a chubby 18 year old when I met Ruslana

Very nice photo.

UkFanOfRuslana

# : 24  2013 22:23
³ 

Ashleigh

This is me as a chubby 18 year old when I met Ruslanahttp://i44.tinypic.com/rr58cn.jpg

lovely photo of you both

Guido

# : 24  2013 22:30
³ 

When and where was it ?

I don't have Ukrainian blood I think :-) My father was dutch.But I have a pre-war book about Ukraine - in dutch and it has a chapter "Dutch in Ukraine".
I don't think Stalin liked them. Send them all to Siberia.
Perhaps Ruslana has some dutch blood ? :-)

Warrioress

# : 27  2013 19:39
³ 

so, oredered Wild Energy and Wild Dances CD off amazon about a week ago. Wild Energy arrived yesterday and Wild Dances this morning! yayaay!

UkFanOfRuslana

# : 27  2013 19:40
³ 

Warrioress

Tell us what songs you like best when you have a chance to listen

Warrioress

# : 27  2013 19:49
³ 

Tell us what songs you like best when you have a chance to listen

Oh, i love heart on fire, like a hurricane, the girl that rules, play musician... most of them,

<< 1 ... 27 . 28 . 29 .
             :) ;) :-p :-( ... 

»   »  

- -

Online now: Guests - 5; Members - 0
Most users ever online: 43 [29  2020 02:21]

bulletin board software miniBB™ © 2001-2020 admin | Ruslana. Official site